Sunday, March 27, 2011

A simple, lighthearted story of the Touch of God

Greetings!

One Sunday, Rev. L was the speaker at church.  Later that afternoon, she was going to facilitate a medicine wheel healing service in a house which was not far from where I lived.  I respected her way of being, and loved her for all the good she did.  I wanted to go to her healing service.  To most people, it was as easy as ABC.  "You want to go, then go!" However, it was quite a challenge for me.  I needed to push myself hard to drive anywhere I was not familiar with.  Besides, I felt uncomfortable socializing with people that I did not know well.

After some inner struggle, I did go.  The service was beautiful.  When it was over, I went to thank her.  She looked deep into my eyes.  In her sweet and wonderful voice, she started singing a song.  I was deeply touched even though I did not know the language.  As I was walking out of the house, I said in my heart: "God, you want me to go and sit among people**, I have.  God, I am taking baby steps.  I am taking baby steps."  I got into my car.  Soon I stopped at a traffic light.  There was a car in front of me.  Immediately, the license plate caught my attention -

                                                         BBY  Lamb.

I smiled.  Baby lamb taking baby steps!  What a divine confirmation!  It was like a loving parent watching over me and encouraging me to take my baby steps.  Yes, I am an Aries.

I choose to share with you this simple, lighthearted story to show that if we open our hearts to feel - God is ever so present in our everyday life.  We are all children of God, and everyone is loved and special in the eyes of God.  The more we pay attention and acknowledge with a heart of gratitude, the more we open ourselves up to the vast experiences of being in relationship with the loving divine.

Many blessings,
Q of D

**Similar message had come through again and again in readings and from strangers. Other than going to work, I used to stay home.  I finally stepped out of my comfort zone.  I went to churches, gatherings, and volunteered in a soup kitchen.  I do not have a religion, but, I have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment