Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Great Gray Cat - Part 2

Greetings!

If you haven't view part 1, please click to view The Great Gray Cat - Part 1

There was an episode involving the cat that I was hesitant to share.  However, I saw the value of sharing with you this kind of dramas in life.  We all came into a lifetime with goals that included our gifts to the world and the lessons we planned to learn.  We came with strengths as well as shortcomings.  If we paid attention, we could see how closely our lives intertwined, and that we were all tools in each other's divine plans.  Accordingly, the cat's presence in our lives was of no exception.  (Please click to view We are all tools in the divine plans )

                                                  ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~

As time went by, I saw the cat struggled with old age just as we did.  On a couple of occasions, he seemed to have difficulty breathing.  He might be trying to cough out the hairball that clogged his airway.  I observed he had problem taking in the food too.  I told my husband we should make sure the food we offered was tender and easy to consume because the cat was old.  My husband thought I was overly concerned.  He said cats could eat anything because they had sharp and strong teeth.

One night, my husband scolded the cat for not eating the food he gave him.  He called him a fussy eater.  I remade the food.  The cat finished the whole plate.  My husband was not too pleased to see that.  Adding to his displeasure, the cat later came to rest by my feet instead of by his feet as he usually did.  I could sense my husband was upset.

The following night the cat sat by my side again after he ate.  Off and on, my husband stared at the cat.  I knew he was not happy.  Mentally, I sent the cat a message: Cat, please go and sit by him as you used to.  For a while, the cat looked at me attentively.  Afterwards, he remained sitting where he was.  He looked calm and peaceful with an aura that commanded respect.  (Well, it was hard to explain, but that was how I felt.)

When the cat came again, my husband hurriedly gave him small chunks of meat.  After a few tries, the cat stopped.  He came to sit in front of me.  He looked at me attentively, and I 'got' it he wanted food.  Quietly, I crushed the meat and mixed it with a little bit of water.  As the cat was eating, my husband angrily remarked that the cat was spoiled.  I said the cat was old, but I knew he would not hear a word.  Later, the cat rested by my feet.  I sensed my husband was about to explode.  Subtly, I tried to push the cat to his side with my feet.  The cat did not move.  Sure enough, my husband soon got up from his chair, yelled at the cat, and chased him out of the door.  As he closed the door, he glanced at me.  He muttered some words to justify his action.  I did not say anything.  I looked at him with eyes icy cold.  How could he do that to a cat!  How insecure was he?  It certainly did not feel good when I lost my peace.  It was another human drama or, more accurately, another life lesson for me as well as for him.

A few nights later, the cat meowed outside of the door.  My husband quickly opened the door.  I was glad the cat showed no sign of fear.  It seemed he had completely forgotten what had happened the other night.  My husband talked to him in a soft voice, and broke the meat into small pieces.  The cat only stayed for a little while.  I patted him before he left.

                                                  ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~

Dr. Michael Newton is a world known life-between-life hypnotherapist, author, and speaker.

In one of his talks, Dr. Newton talked about a client who took almost 5,000 years and many lifetimes to overcome jealousy.  His client did not have any jealousy in this lifetime, but was very impatient.  It was not hard to imagine his client's impatience or dis-ease in the current life was not only a challenge to himself, but to those around him too.

The truth is our shortcomings as well as strengths affect others in many ways even though we may not think much about it.  This is very much in divine order because life is all about relationships, not just the relationships among human beings but with all things including our environment.  Eventually, we will have to look within to see what works in life, what life is, and,
 realize how closely interconnected that we are.   

It *** takes me many years to learn that I do not have to go through the ups and downs in emotions due to life situations.  I am responsible for how I feel no matter what the situation is.  When others express their dis-ease such as anger, jealousy, and sadness, I do not have to take it personally.  I may look at them with compassion since I know that they are suffering within (e.g. their own anger and frustration).  As I stay in peace, some of the people around me seem to change too.  At times I observe I still kind of lose my peace when I go through some life dramas.  However, it is getting easier to return to peace, the truth that I AM. 

                                               ~    ~    to be cont'd    ~    ~

*** One night in the challenging years, I was dwelling in my misery / emotional pain, and my guide said,"You can be happy no matter what."  Indeed, how I reacted was my choice.  On another occasion, my guide said, "You feel pain because you let pain be ."  My guide's loving, timely guidance helped me more than words could express.  To my guides and angels, thank you!


Click to view The Great Gray Cat - Conclusion

No comments:

Post a Comment