Thursday, July 30, 2020

What have BMW cars got to do with me! ! ! ! !

Greetings,

I did not know much about cars such as car models or makes.  Of course, when I saw a Jeep, I know it was a Chrysler; it was the same with some of the GM / Ford cars and trucks.

One day a couple of years ago, we were on our way to an Oriental store.  My husband suddenly said, "The car in front of us is a Cadillac."  I asked, "How do you know?"  He said, "Don't you see the logo at the back (of the car)?"  Since that day, my husband had pointed out to me a few other logos such as Buick, Toyota and Lexus.  There were car logos that we did not know.  I simply let it go.  I did not feel the need to look them up online. 
 
                                           ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~
       
While I was living in another state, I worked for a nice, young couple.  One day, the wife talked to me about her last trip back to China.  She said some of her old college classmates came to see her.  They wore brand name / expensive clothing, handbags, shoes and jewelries.  They 'wondered' aloud why she did not dress as they did.  My boss told me it was not about money; she was just not into fancy clothes or brand name handbags.  However, her classmates did not seem to understand.  I said we should not be concerned with people's materialistic comments for there would always be people that judged others based on the clothes they wore or the cars they drove.  My boss said it was true.  Her husband loved cars and knew a lot about cars.  His favorite car was a BMW.  She observed people treated them differently whenever they went anywhere in the BMW.  That day we talked for quite a while about life and how easily we judged one another.  

I usually parked my car in the small parking lot to the side of the business.  Most of the time, my bosses parked their vans right outside of the business.  The unobservant I had not paid attention to the colors or the brand of the vans they drove.  Of course, I did not know the BMW she talked about.   

One day after work, I could not start my old car.  So I went back inside to ask for help.  The couple asked me not to worry.  Later, the husband came to have a look at my car.  He took a tool box out of a car that parked a space or two next to my car.  That was when I noticed the BMW logo.  He found out what was wrong with my car, and made the necessary adjustment.  I was able to drive home without any problem.  The young couple had treated me with kindness and respect.  I was (am) grateful.  

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

Some weeks ago, we drove to a grocery store about 3 miles away (i.e. 7 to 8 minutes away).  As soon as we got on the main road, I saw a BMW in front of us.  I said, "Oh, that is a BMW!"  This time it was my husband's turn of not having a clue of what I meant.  He asked, "What is a BMW?"  I said, "The car in front of us is a BMW.  Do you see the letters B M W in the logo?"  He said, "How do you learn about it?"  I said, "The young couple that I worked for in another state had a BMW."  The BMW made a right turn while we continued to drive forward.  I did not think much of seeing a BMW.

We stopped at a red light.  In a short distance ahead, I saw a car came out of a side street.  The traffic light turned green.  We soon caught up with the car that came out of a side road.  It was another BMW!  I said, "This BMW is different from the first one.  It is kind of strange to see two BMW s within a couple of minutes!"  

On our way back to our apartment, I saw a car with an interesting license plate.  I exclaimed, "Oh, the license plate is XXX!**" Cars with license plates such as 111, 222, 333, 444, 555, 777, and etc. always got my attention.  Adding to my amazement, I realized it was a BMW!  I did not realize it was a BMW because the license plate caught my attention first, and it was different from the other two.

While I was still in awe of what happened, out of nowhere, a van in the next lane 'flew' past us and cut into our lane.  My husband said, "What is the driver doing?  I am driving at 45 mph.  He must be driving way past the speed limit!"  (The speed limit on the road was 40 mph.)  I said, "He probably want to outrun the traffic light.  Uh, he did not make it!  He had to stop before the traffic light for it had turned red."  Soon we were right behind the van that flew past us.  It was a big BMW van with an out of state license plate!  I smiled and said, "Oh, the van rushes past us so that I can see that it is a BMW!"  I told my husband the driver would drive at normal speed after the light turned green.  From my husband's expression, I knew he did not really believe me.  The driver did drive at or below speed limit in the front before we made a turn into our apartment complex.  

Most of the families in the city / county we lived in were the average working class.  However, no matter where we lived, there must be some families that could afford expensive cars.  I did not know much about cars.  I had no idea about the actual prices of Cadillac, Buick or BMW.  At home, I thought it might not be that special to see four BMW s.  People in the neighborhood must be driving BMW s, but I had not paid attention.  However, it was certainly strange how everything that had unfolded during our short drive back and forth from a store!

** As I looked through my journal, I realized I had not taken the time to write down what happened that day.  Therefore, no record of the number on the license plate.  It might be I could not understand why I saw four BMW s that day.  I certainly found how everything that unfolded amazing, but "What have BMW cars got to do with me!"

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~ 
 
I am a simple person.  I enjoy the simple joy of life, and appreciate the beauty of nature.  Yes, I see beautiful people quite often.  Their smiles and kindness make my day.  When it comes to cars, I know very little.  I have no interest in luxurious carsTherefore, I cannot see any possible significance of seeing the four BMW s.  However, since that day, I continue to see BMW s in a way that really draws my attention.  I cannot help but ask -

                                  What have BMW s got to do with me?

In love, light and truth, I share with you my story.

Many blessings,
Q of D
    

No comments:

Post a Comment