Sunday, March 2, 2014

Helping others is helping ourselves

Greetings!

In my post 'The Grace of Good Intention', I found out I could not use my new camera on an important day.  I went to the event without a camera.  I thought I would not have any picture of that day.  I did not tell anybody in the gathering about the problem with my camera.  Before the day was over, a friend I barely knew walked to me.  She said she had taken pictures of me during the event as her way of thanking me for a simple act of goodwill I did a few nights before.  I was deeply touched by the unexpected outcome of grace.

I know now when we hold the pure intention of loving or helping another, our hearts are open.  And, when we do, the Grace of Love flows through us just as the breath of life (which in itself is a miracle!).  Healing, blessings, mercy, and miracles often occur on those occasions even though the human us may not have recognized them.

Some years ago, I was very worried about my husband.  One day, a new friend called me.  We had talked a few times after Sunday service at a church (not the church which I eventually called my spiritual home).  She told me she was a medium, or one who talked to people who had moved on.  That was all I knew of her.  Over the phone, she said she had learned I was troubled by my husband's condition.  She offered to give me a reading for free.

Ever since I stepped outside of my family, I had come across quite a few psychics, mediums, and channels.  On some occasions, people had offered to give me readings for free.  Most of the times, I declined.  I was thankful for their goodwill, but felt I should not take advantage of others.  I thought if ever I really wanted a reading by someone, I should pay.  At that time, I did not have a job.  Besides, I got the impression from my previous readings that I would not get direct answers or what the future would be from my guides and angels.  It seemed what was important was how I chose to conduct myself in the 'now'.  Therefore, I was not thinking about getting a reading.

I told my friend I could not accept her offer.  My friend was persistent.  She said spirits from the other side might come through to give me some advice about the present situation.  She said she truly wanted to help me.  I was moved.  I could sense she was sincere.  I decided to accept her kindness.  I asked her to accept a small offering (money) from me as an exchange of energy.  She agreed.  She asked me to come to her church.  We would have the reading in the small room behind the chapel.  With a heart of gratitude, I prayed and sent her my blessings.

In the small room, my friend started the session with a prayer.  She began describing my spirit guide who appeared to my right.  The description was quite accurate for a wonderful psychic had told me a few years ago how my guide looked like.  Strangely, I saw my friend frowned.  She said: "I ask your guide, but he did not talk to me.  Hey (to my guide), come on, smile!  You don't have to look that serious."   She said my guide just looked at her and did not respond.  Next, she saw four beings talking among themselves.  She got it that they were happily talking about a woman who finally stepped forward to do what she had to do.  After a little while, she said: "Oh, I get it! They are talking about you!"  That was all she got.  She tried to ask them questions, but they never looked at her.

I was surprised at how things unfolded.  At the same time, I felt very peaceful because I was in a wonderful field of loving energy.

Suddenly, my friend began talking about herself and the conflict in her family.  For the next 30 to 40 minutes, she related the ills in her family which might have gone on for generation(s).  She talked about her strained relationships with her parents.  As she talked, tremendous powerful energy flowed into me and through me.  I could feel the vibration of the energy above my head, and my hands were surged with energy.  I listened with compassion and love.  I understood healing was taking place.  Near the end, I saw a light radiance on my friend's face as she released the pain, hurt, anger, and sadness she had held within.

Then my friend seemed to realize quite some time had passed.  She said she was sorry she could not be of much help to me since my spirit guide did not talk to her.  I gave her the envelope with my offering.  I told her the session had helped, and I was heartily grateful.

Indeed, the session had helped.  By showing up in the reading, my guide had let me know he knew what went on in my life, and, he was watching over me.  I had learned nobody could learn a lesson for another person.  The situation I faced was my life lesson.  I alone must choose how to conduct myself during the challenge.  It was why my guide said nothing during the session.  The scene of the 4 beings was also of significance. They were happy that I had stepped forward.  It was a confirmation that I was on the right path.

As the challenge unfolded, I was able to center in love and peace because of my friend's willingness to help me.  I knew no matter what happened, everything was going to be alright.  I was also humbled to be a conduit of healing on that day.

Helping others is helping ourselves.  It always is because we are one.

Love,
Q of D    

No comments:

Post a Comment