Monday, March 10, 2014

A Blessing in Disguise

Greetings!

"Back to work! (on my blog)" I tell myself this morning.

Just when I thought the cold, snowy winter was almost over, I came down with the flu.  I started coughing a lot during the early hours of Monday (3/3/2014).  When I woke up that morning, I thought it was only a cold.  The next day I felt very sick and feverish.  I knew I had the flu.  I was eager to get well because I had promised my granddaughter to take her to a class later next week.  So I went to a store to buy some medicine.  For the next two days, I slept and slept in between the annoying coughs.  My husband coughed and had all the symptoms of the flu too, but as always, he refused to take any medicine.  On Thursday morning, I woke up feeling much better.  Before noon, my son left work to come home because he was feeling quite sick.  He also came down with the flu.

Anyway, I am grateful I get well enough in time to take care of the family, and am glad I will be taking my granddaughter to the class later this week.  There is an old Chinese saying 'To go through a minor illness once in a while is a blessing in disguise', and I find this to be true.  With the recharged energy, I feel joyful as I type the post.

Have a good week!  Spring is near!

Peace,
Q of D


No comments:

Post a Comment