Saturday, September 1, 2012

Our Attitude Towards Life

Greetings!

2003 was the year before we sold the restaurant.  I went through lots of challenges or crises during that year.  It was really like the darkest night before dawn.  One night in August 2003, I had a short dream.    

  • I was walking to a building which was a short distance away.  I was walking slowly as if it was very difficult for me to move.  Every step I took was a drag.  In the dream, I wondered: "Can I walk lighter?  Why do I feel so hard to move?"
  • Upon waking up, I had this revelation.  In life, I had been acting like that because of the overwhelming hardships in recent years.  However, if I wanted to or chose to, I could walk lighter and faster no matter what.  It was my attitude that was making life a drag.

Seeing how worried I was, one day my younger son said to me: "Mom, does the worry help you or the situation?  If it doesn't, why worry?"  I thought about what he said.  He was right.  Was it easy to let go of worry and fear?  No.  However, I learned to pay attention to my thoughts, and reminded myself to look at a situation from another angle.  When I had no solution to a problem, I prayed for help and let it go.  

I have learned from my experiences that no matter how hard life seems to be, it will all come to pass.

Many blessings,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment