Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Two A in a Happy Marriage

Greetings!

This morning I found a small piece of paper.  It was a copy of my advice to a wonderful young lady during her bridal shower years ago.
                                         
                                        The Two A in a Happy Marriage

Acceptance is to totally accept who he is (and who you are) for marriage is not about changing the other.

Appreciation is to recognize the good in him (and in you), value your differences as well as your sameness, and be grateful for the love that is expressed and experienced in this union.

Although this is my advice, but I cannot claim that I am there.  (Smile! I can only tell the truth.)  Meanwhile, the young lady is now a wonderful wife and a super loving mother of three.

Have a joyful evening!

Many blessings,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment