Tuesday, April 16, 2013

If you can read a book, you can write a book

Greetings!

Today ** I go online with the intention to watch a Chinese movie.  I click on a movie, but it turns out to be an American movie.  Then a title of a movie on the side bar catches my attention.  It is in divine order I share with you this experience.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

One day in April, 2006, I sat on the couch reading a book.  I had left the TV on.  A movie was playing.  Intermittently, I looked over to the TV.  I did not really know what the movie was about.  I only knew it was about two boys who had become good friends.  One of the boys who was short and wore eyeglasses had a disease.

At one point, I left the living room to use the bathroom.  When I came back, I stood in front of the television.  I saw the boy who was sick gave his friend a book.  His friend opened the book, and found only blank pages inside.  The boy said: "A word is part of a sentence.  A sentence is a picture.  If we link the pictures with our imagination, it is a story.  Then it is a book."  (These were the words I remembered, and were not the exact words in the movie.  The boy was trying to encourage his friend to write.)

As I listened, tears filled my eyes.  Then the boy said -

                               If you can read a book, you can write a book.

Immediately, I broke down and cried.  These words touched something deep inside my heart.  I was moved beyond my human understanding, yet part of me understood. Luckily, I was alone in the living room.  Otherwise, it would be hard to explain my strong emotional reaction.

In Dec. 2001, I was guided to book a phone reading with a known angel channel who lived in another state.  Through her, my guides and angels told me to teach more and write.  I could not take their words to heart because there was no way I could teach or write.  My English was not good.  English was the subject I dreaded in school.  In May 2005, I was guided to join a circle in a holistic center where we met every Thursday morning.  For weeks, I tried not to speak for I thought others might not understand my English.  New faces (spiritual seekers, psychics and healers) joined our circle every now and then.  A few psychics that I chanced to meet walked to me after the gathering was over.  They told me I was supposed to write and teach.  I did not know how to respond.  I did not ask any question for my heart was filled with doubt.  I did not believe I could or I would ever write.

Tears continued to run down my face.  "If you can read a book, you can write a book."  I knew then "yes, I can and I will."  I was transformed at the very moment that I heard those words through the young actor.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~ 

The title of the movie was "Simon Birch".  Did the author know a Chinese woman would be transformed by what he wrote?  Did the young actor know how touched I was hearing his words?  Probably not.  But, that was how life was transformed and what was amazing about life!

Whatever we do, say, or write, always do it with our heart (i.e. with truthfulness or sincerity).  A friendly smile, some kind words, or one telling others an experience may have a big effect on some one that we cannot even imagine.

I had never imagined posting any blog not to mention in English.  I am glad that I have been writing since March of 2011.  So, my friends, is there anything you want to do, but you think you can't or you are not good enough?  Give it a try.  Yes, you can.

Love,
Q of D

** This post was originally published on 9/30/2012 under the title "The time I broke down and cried".

No comments:

Post a Comment