Saturday, June 1, 2013

My journey as a channel of spiritual healing energy

Greetings!

When I followed the guidance to step out of my comfort zone and mix with people, I was very troubled by an occurrence.  On a few occasions, people cried when I talked, gave them a hug, or their hands happened to touch mine.

For instance, I was at church.  An elderly couple sat a seat away from me.  Later, the minister told the congregation to greet one another.  The woman touched my hands, and immediately began to sob.  "What's wrong, Honey?" her husband asked.  She could not answer him because she could not stop sobbing.  Her husband was very concerned, and I was too.  When she finally stopped sobbing, she said she was fine.  She looked fine and did not explain why she cried.

I was guided to join a circle in May 2005.  It was a new experience for me.  For many years, I seldom socialized with people outside of my family.  When I joined the circle, I had to speak and share as my friends did.  We also hugged one another before we parted ways.  In the beginning, I was not very comfortable with this kind of physical contact.  Fortunately, my friends in the circle were open and loving.  Their way of being changed me.  Gradually, I was more used to hug truthfully***.
***Most people hugged because it was the custom.  A truthful hug was a hug with genuine love, compassion, and/or gratitude.  For example, people were invited to dinner.  At the end of the night, people hugged and thanked the host.  Some did it simply because it was the custom.  Some hugged and gave thanks truthfully from their hearts. 
One day, I sensed a new friend's frustration was up to the rim.  She felt her family and friends had wronged her.  She was frustrated because she did not get the response she hoped for from the circle.  Although she had come for a few weeks, but we had not yet hugged each other.  She often walked past me as if she did not see me.  I assumed she was not comfortable, and let it be.  However, sensing how she felt that day, I could not help but looked at her with lots of compassion.  When the circle was over, I decided to take the first step.  I walked to her and gave her a hug.  She started to sob.  We remained in the hug for a long while until she finished sobbing.  Afterward, she seemed to be embarrassed.  She said, "I do not know why.  I just feel like crying, and I cry."  I did not know how to respond.  I wished her a good weekend and left.

By then, I knew nothing about healing.  To me, we cried when we were sad or overjoyed.  I did not see it was the case on those occasions.  I wondered what was going on.

One day, I shared with my friends a personal experience.  As I talked, all of them cried and became very emotional.  A friend had to grab a box of Kleenex tissues to pass it around.  They were still wiping their tears after I finished talking.  I was shocked.  I wondered what I had done.  When the circle was over, the teacher, sensing the question on my mind, said, "Your words went into my heart, and I could not help myself (from crying)."

When I was home, I thought it might be I should talk less for I did not want my friends to feel sad.  I also prayed for answers.  Amazingly, I got an explanation that evening.

I was reading the Chinese newspaper.  My eyes kept going to an article somewhere in the center of the page.  It was a concert or music review.  I loved music, but I had never gone to any concert.  I was not interested in reading reviews.  However, on and off, my eyes would fall on the article, and I read a paragraph or two.  Suddenly, something in the middle of the article caught my attention.

The writer of the article interviewed a known Chinese musician after a concert.  The musician played a traditional Chinese two-stringed bowed instrument called erhu.  She had performed for decades.  In the beginning of her career, she found many in the audience cried during the concert.  Some stayed behind to tell her how touched they were of her performance.  In time, she found out people cried whenever she played a particular piece of music.  The music was light, uplifting, full of joy, and not a bit of sadness.  The title of the music was "Spring".  It expressed the lively, joyful scenery of spring.  She was surprised because she knew people did not cry when other erhu musicians played this piece of music.  "Why do people cry?  Are those tears of joy?" she wondered.

As the phenomenon continued, she was curious to find out why people cried.  She began asking those who stayed behind what they felt as they listened to the music.  It seemed people cried for many different reasons.  Some relived the happy memories which they had long forgotten.  Some recalled the unhappy times of their lives.  Some said they just felt very emotional as they listened to the music.  Others said something in the music went deep inside their hearts, and tears began to flow.  Many of them were surprised to hear the title of the music was "Spring".  Despite of the difference of emotions while listening to the music, all of them found a renewed sense of joy after they cried.

After years of performing, she still saw the same phenomenon in her concerts.  She said everything was energy.  She concluded people cried because something in the sound (or the vibration) of the music she played went somewhere deep inside their hearts or souls.

After reading the article, I was more at peace with what happened because her conclusion corroborated with what the teacher said.  Everything was energy.  The famous erhu musician was in truth a gifted healer who channeled healing through her music.

One day, a woman came to the circle.  We learned from the teacher that she had been a healer for over 30 years.  During the circle, she related the words and images that came to her from the angels and guides about some of us.  Her words for me were right on.  She was a very loving being.  At the end of the circle, she gave each of us a long, truthful hug.  A friend gave her a quick, customary hug.  The healer said, "Not yet, I am not done."  As they remained in the embrace, the friend cried and cried for quite a while.  I only saw the healer twice in my two years with the circle.

Not long after, another long time spiritual teacher and healer was with us.  When the circle was over, she gave us a long, truthful hug as the other healer did.  A friend who did not look well that day sobbed as she was hugged.  She looked much better afterward.

From the above incidents, I understood the healers were giving us healing energy while hugging us.  I also realized crying was healing on those occasions.

Life is a journey.  Four years after I was told to mix with people, I joined the circle.  Two months later, my spirit guide told me through the facilitator of the circle to learn a healing art, but I did not follow the guidance.  When I read the newspaper article in January 2006, I still did not want to learn healing.  It took another 14 months before I went to a 2-day healing workshop.  I eventually understood going to the workshop was a process to uncover what was within.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

In my opinion, there may seem to be many different healing modalities, however, the Source of healing is One.  The one who channels healing and the one who receives healing are labels only.  In the truth of oneness, who heals or who is healed? 

I will share with you some more stories of healing in the future.  If you want to read other posts on healing, please click 'stories of healing' under Labels above the post. (Other posts on my journey as a channel of healing energy More on my journey as a channel and My experiences as a channel )

Have a good weekend!

Peace,
Q of D


No comments:

Post a Comment