Friday, May 1, 2015

He pointed a gun at her, and she said 'I forgive you'

Greetings!

I had intended to include this amazing story in my last post Life is not how it seems, but I did not.   I knew it would take some time for me to write about the story because I had to go online for more details of the incident.  Meanwhile, yesterday was the last day of April.  I wanted very much to publish the last post on sons and daughters before a new month began.

Well, I guess that is part of being human.  Many times, we feel the pressure of life not realizing it is our own doing.

                                           ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

One morning, my husband turned on the television as he normally did.  At first, I did not pay much attention.  Suddenly, I turned to look at the TV.  On the screen, a woman was interviewing a woman who was shot in the head in a road rage incident.

The woman who was conducting the interview asked the victim***, "Do you hate the man who shot you?"

Immediately, the woman answered, "No!  I forgave him right away!  When I looked into his eyes, I knew there was something wrong with him."

Wow!  I said in my heart.

In the interview, the woman explained her reaction.  She was shocked to see the man pointed a gun at her.  However, she saw from his eyes that there was something wrong with him.  Instead of fear, she looked at him and said 'I forgive you' right away.

The incident happened in March.  If you want to learn more about the incident, please go googling on "Houston Woman Shot in the Head During Road Rage".  She was listed as in critical condition when she was admitted to the hospital.  Within 48 hours, she was released from the hospital after the surgery.  She was expected to have a full recovery.

In an interview outside of the hospital, her husband said her quick recovery was a miracle.  I believed her immediate truthful, compassionate, and unconditional words of forgiveness had saved her.

In April, the police arrested the man who shot her.

                                            ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

I tried to look up the actual video of the whole interview online to no avail.  I saw part of the interview during which she described her terrifying ordeal.

Many of us carried 'I love you', 'I am sorry', and 'I am grateful' on our lips, but we did not say them from our heart.  There was no power or truth in what we said.

A man in a van next to her car pointed a gun at her.  He looked at her with malice. She was more alarmed of the 'wrong' in him than her own safety, and she said right away from her heart that she forgave him.  That was power no matter she was saved or not.


Peace,
Q of D

*** I used the word 'victim' to relate the story.  However, many spiritual teachers had said everything happened for a reason, and there was no victim since we went through what we chose to go through.  Some of us found some truth in what they said.  However, we should not force on others what we believed or not believed.  We should be sensitive to people's feeling when misfortune befell them.  Oftentimes, a sympathetic ear was all that people needed.  We all learned what we needed to learn when the time was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment