Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Joan is home

Greetings!

Our daughter-in-law's grandmother, Joan, moved on last week.  We went to the funeral home to see her one last time yesterday.

We were supposed to drive to a church for a service this morning.  However, we got lost on the way.  We asked a mail carrier for directions.  He told us to drive back on the road in the direction we came from.  He said we were probably six or seven blocks from the church.  We got back on the road, but could not find the church.  We saw a man outside of a house.  We asked him about the church.  He went into his house to ask his wife.  His wife came out.  She said the church was ten streets down. I called my son who told me the service had already started.  In other words, it was too late for us to go to the church.

We had left early for the church.  My husband wanted to go on the highway to get to the church.  I  printed out the directions.  The drive was smooth, but we had probably made a wrong turn after we got off the highway.  Our sons had bought me a GPS navigator a few months ago.  When I tried to use the GPS, it failed to locate the church.  It might be I should use the GPS more often so that I could be familiar with the function.  Anyway, what happened today was not any different from other things that happened in our life.  Sometimes our journey was smooth and easy.  At other times, we came upon one road block after another.  Though we wanted very much to be at the service, but we were peaceful on our way home.  Joan was always kind and considerate.  I knew she would look at us with an understanding smile if she saw what went on.

On May 20, my son called to let me know that Joan was admitted to the hospital.  She had been in and out of the hospital in the last two years.  She was 90 years old, and was in her last stage of life.  My loved ones knew I loved Joan, and wanted me to be mentally prepared that Joan might move on any day (or a couple of weeks).  I was no longer the old me. I did not look at death as I was years ago.

Within a week, Joan was released from the hospital.  It seemed she was determined to go.  She did not want to suffer anymore.  She refused to eat and drink.  Her family loved her.  They respected her choice.  They took turns to be by her side.

My older son never took this kind of situations well.  He wished everyone would live forever.  He wanted to visit Joan with me.  His sister-in-law (i.e. my daughter-in-law) told him that it was their culture that only the immediate family members should be by Joan's side on her last days.  I understood and accepted her words.

Months ago, my son and daughter-in-law had planned a birthday party* for their kids near the end of May.  (*Every year they held one birthday party for their children instead of three separate parties.  It was easier for themselves as well as more convenient for their relatives and friends.)  Despite of Joan's situation, they still had to get things ready for the party because they had sent out the invitations in April.  There was a little bit of concern because of Joan's condition.  However, in my heart, I was sure Joan would hang on until the party was over because of her considerate and loving nature.

The day before the party, our daughter-in-law asked us to watch the kids in their house so that she could get things ready for the party.  I was always amazed at how efficient she was in planning for parties.  Later, we sat down and talked for a little while.  Unlike my older son, she was more open to what happened in life because she had gone through the deaths of her mother, grandfather, and an uncle she loved.

My son and daughter-in-law always put lots of pictures of relatives and friends in their house.  On the night of the party, I saw two pictures of Joan's husband.  He looked kind and gentle.  In one picture, there was a flower on his head.  He had probably allowed his loved one to put it there and took the picture.  Mentally, I acknowledged him and said 'I know you must be by Joan's side now'.  During the following two nights, I prayed for Joan.  I imagined visiting Joan with the Ascended Ones, archangels, and angels.  The energy was exceptional.

On Tuesday, my son called me around 3 p.m.  He told me Joan had moved on during the night.  After 4 p.m. I left the house to go for a walk by the school.  "Joan, you are free!  You are home now!"  I said it as I raised my head toward the sky.  There on the sky right above the field of grass was a white circle with many huge angels formed by white clouds!  I was awed by what I saw.  I almost wanted to run home to grab my camera, but did not want to miss what was in front (or above) of me.  I walked around looking at the clouds.  I had never seen such a scene before.  The big circle of white clouds was above the field and did not cover other areas of the blue sky.  

On Sunday, Joan's sister said to me, "We (she and Joan) have lived a good life.  We have traveled to many places.  We have fun."  Joan's family had printed copies of a picture of Joan for people to take home.  On the picture, Joan smiles a beautiful girlish smile.  We are children of the Creator.  We are girls / boys at heart.  Don't we, Joan?

Nice meeting you, Joan.  Thank you for your warmth and kindness.

It has been a busy two weeks, I hope to finish the post I have promised in the next few days.

Peace,
Q of D

P.S.  This post was written on Monday June 8, 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment