Sunday, August 23, 2015

On my way to a young woman's house, a story came to me

Greetings!

On my way to a young woman's house, the story of a woman whose mother-in-law was extremely nagging and negative suddenly came to my mind.  In the story, the woman found out Sometimes life may not be how it appears to be when she went through a regression session.

From my experiences in recent years, I had found what came to me out of nowhere* could be something relevant / beneficial to the person I was with or I was going to meet.  (*i.e. I wasn't thinking about it at all.)  On a few occasions, people broke down hearing what I said.  Oftentimes, what I related was but part of a very ordinary conversation.  It was only days / weeks later that people told me the story or words had helped them a lot in looking at their relationships or situations.  I eventually understood I was a tool in their healing process.  In my own life, some people were tools in my divine plan to help me too.

I arrived at the young woman's house.  We sat and talked while watching over her adorable children.   With small children, she needed a little bit of help around the house before her husband came home from work.  I agreed to help temporarily until she hired someone who could come regularly.  I knew very little about her because we never talked about personal matters.

For a while, I pondered how to relate the story.  I did not want to ask her personal questions.  I decided to simply tell her the story.  I said, "You tell me you are not into any religion.  To me, you seem to have an open mind.  May I tell you a story?  It is a true story."  After I finished, she said, "In the story, the woman was able to learn about the truth (the planning before they came into this lifetime), and could therefore look at her mean mother-in-law differently.  However, in real life, it will be very hard to deal with such a mother-in-law."  She thought for a while.  She opened up and talked about the pain and hurt in her own relationship with her mother-in-law.  Her situations with her mother-in-law was indeed challenging.  Other than feeling hurt, she had not reacted with a vengeful attitude.  She felt sad the older woman had estranged from her husband and had as yet seen their children.  I listened with compassion.  I did not render any advice except some words of encouragement.

In To forgive is first and most of all for the good of ourselves, a friend said her mother never showed her love while she was growing up.  Her mother did not know how to love because her own mother (i.e. the friend's grandmother) only loved her brother.  A relative always recalled the hurt she felt as a little girl when her father disciplined her in front of other relatives.  She said her father was very wrong to do that.  However, as a mother, she often scolded her daughter in front of others.  In the older days, mothers-in-laws were the authoritative figures in the family.  Some did not treat their daughters-in-laws with the same love as they loved their own daughters.  It was possible the young woman's mother-in-law was very unhappy during a certain period of her life.  Many of us lived through our lives feeling the impact of our painful experiences.  We felt sad, hurt, or angry.  We never examined the causes of our emotions and let them go.  Some of us eventually expressed how we felt outwards hurting others, and did not realize we had repeated the cycle.

In the first few months after I joined the Thursday circle in 2005, I seldom spoke up because my English was not good.  Sometimes words came to me.  I thought what came to me was unimportant.  I refused to speak up.  Many times I ended up rushing to the bathroom coughing badly.

I am more at ease in relating what comes to me now.  I hold no expectations.  If people do not say anything after I speak up, it is totally fine to me.  For now, I will keep the young woman's family in my prayer.

The weather has been very nice.  I take a walk every morning.  How is your summer so far?  Great, I hope.

Love,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment