Tuesday, September 8, 2015

It is always a joy to see all of you

Greetings!

Recently we were in our younger son's house.  Our son and his family had moved to another city last December.  They moved there because they wanted their children to go to good schools.  Our grandchildren loved their present house because it had a bigger backyard than the old one.

We, our grandchildren and us, played with giant cardboard blocks.  We built a fort with the blocks, and had lots of fun.  Then it was time to clean up the playroom.  (It was the rule in their house that the children had to put everything back to where they belonged after they played.)  The blocks were originally sitting in a corner of the playroom.  It was easy to push all the blocks back to that corner, but I wanted the little ones to have some fun doing things in a different way.  We formed a line similar to people passing the heavy sand bags to one another.  I asked my husband to pass to me a few blocks.  I passed them to our granddaughter who in turn passed them to her brother to put in the corner.  (The youngest one was in the family room.)  We worked as a team.  We did it in a way as if we had to do it in a hurry.  (Their parents said they had to clean up in five minutes!)  Our granddaughter and grandson were laughing happily as they tried to pass the bricks as fast as they could.  Yeah, this grandma was all smiles too!

A while later, our son saw what we did.  He said, "Just put the blocks into the big plastic bucket!  It is much faster that way!"  As he walked away, he murmured, "That is the slowest way of doing it (i.e. we did it by passing the blocks to one another)."   He did not see I looked at him with a smile.***

One day, my grandson played with a wooden board that had lines of holes.  There were five lines and each had five holes.  It came to me we could play Tic-tac-toe with the board.  My grandson was surprised to hear that for he only knew the 9 squares Tic-tac-toe game.  It was new to him that we could play the game on 5 x 5.  I intentionally let him win so that he could get the hang of the game with enthusiasm.

At one point, I looked over to my son.  He was smiling.  He let me know from his facial expression that he knew I let his son win.  He slightly swayed his head to show he did not agree with what I did.  I smiled.  I respected his authority over his children.  He and his wife had always taught their children to play games fair and square, but I was not teaching / allowing his son to cheat.  I continued to play the game with my grandson allowing him to learn the game at his own pace without pointing out this or that move was right / wrong.  My grandson soon learned how to play the new Tic-tac-toe.  As we continued, I observed he actually tried to let his old grandma win.  It reminded me of the times he taught me to play the games that I had never played before.  When I lose, he said, "It is okay, Ah Ma (grandma).  With practice, you will do better."  He had probably heard those words from his parents, but I knew he meant what he said from his heart.

                                            ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

We visit our son's family once or twice a month now since we do not live as close to each other as before.  It is always a joy to see them (i.e.our son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren).  Our dear ones had once laughingly teased us that we were only happy to see their kids.  I hope I make my point with pink color wordings.  If not, that is okay.  It may be my dear ones can come up with some more jokes.  Ha!  Ha!

Love,
Q of D  

***I did not take it personally.  He made this comment because of his personality.  As his mother, I had known he was very bright since he was small.  The readings confirmed that this soul was very bright, intelligent, and creative.  In many lifetimes, he was the one who designed cities and engineered bridges.  He was very good in solving problems that people often sought his counsel.  However, in a reading, the advice for this bright soul was to lighten up because he was too serious sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment