Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The background of the significant experience of the birds

Greetings!

Here is the experience of the birds that I had promised to share in my last post  Stories of Birds, Bees, and other Signs from the Divine .

                                            ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~

On Sept. 29, 2001, I was reading in the dining room.  It was a Saturday.  Usually, customers began to order around 6 pm.  Suddenly, this came to me 'Go inside and look! It is 4:44 pm'.  (In our restaurant, we had a small alarm clock in the kitchen, and there was no clock in the dining room.)  Immediately, I countered it with 'No, it is all in my mind'.  'Go!'  I walked into the kitchen.  Sure enough, it was 4:44 pm.

The 444 happenings started in the last quarter of 1999.  Many nights I woke up from my sleep, and 'was told' to look at the clock.  It was always 4:44 am!  During that time, I heard the voice of my spirit guide for the first time except I did not know anything about spirit guides and angels at that time.  It was the most unthinkable message or sentence.  Not knowing what to make of it, I tried to put it behind me.

However, other strange incidents occurred.  For instance, one day, I saw a small green bible in my sons room.  I had never seen it before.  Strangely, the number of a page came to me as soon as I picked up the bible.  I turned to that page.  It was about an incident, and there was a name.  I held the bible to my heart, and asked for another page number.  I was given another number.  I was very, very surprised that the page was about the same incident with the same name but in a different gospel.  I knew my son was not into any religion, and wondered where did this little bible come from.  Later that night, my son told me over the phone that some people handed out those pocket-size bibles on campus.  He took one home and put it on the computer desk.  (Both of my sons lived on campuses, and came home every few weeks.)

Hoping to find some answers, I eventually went to the library.  On some occasions, energy filled my sensitive hand to reach out to certain books that the human I had not thought of borrowing.  For two years (2000 - 2001), I read many metaphysical and spiritual books.  From the books, I learned we all had our own spirit guides and angels.  I also learned 444 meant the Power of God's Love.

In other words, the 444 incident on Sept. 29, 2001 was not something new.  However, it reminded me that two years had gone by since I heard the message.  Still, l did not know what to make of it.  With the 444 incident, the urge within to find some answers was very strong that afternoon.  Besides, I wanted to know if selling the business was the right thing to do.  As much as I wished for success for my husband, part of me felt it was time to move on.  At night, I prayed earnestly for answers.

On Sept. 30, I drove my younger son back to campus.  On the lone drive back to the restaurant, I kept thinking about the message.  I also thought of writing a letter to an author for guidance.  It was a Sunday morning.  The traffic was very light.  I began talking to God, "God, is the message really for me?  If it is, there must be a reason. Should I write to this author?  If I should, please show me some signs.  Please let me see a group of birds resting on the utility wires in front of our restaurant today, and also let me see 444."

I did see 4:44 pm and a group of small birds on the utility wires that afternoon.  I told myself I saw 444 because I paid attention to the time whenever I walked into the kitchen.  It was unlike the day before that I was told it was 4:44 pm.  I saw those small birds around the strip mall all the time.  It was not that special that about 20 of them were resting on the utility wires.  I dismissed them as the signs that I had prayed for.

In retrospect, my earthly qualifications, a simple Chinese woman with a secondary school education whose English was not good, were very much on my mind.  Though I had asked for signs, part of me did not really want to write the letter.  I was afraid to know the truth or how the truth might affect my life.

                                            ~           to be cont'd           ~

No comments:

Post a Comment