Thursday, June 14, 2018

Why did I wake up hearing a song about Japanese food?

Greetings!

In the morning of May 17, I woke up hearing a piece of music.  It went on for a long time.  The music seemed cheerful and easy to hum along.  I knew I had heard it before, but I could not figure out the title of the song.  Later, I listened to some popular melodies on YouTube.  I did not hear a song with the same musical tunes.  I decided to let it go.

On June 12, I woke up hearing the same music again.  It seemed to be a lighthearted song.  What was the title of the song?  Why did I hear it for the second time?  This time I really wanted to know, but did not find a matching song.

On June 13, I used midomi.com and found out the title was Sukiyaki.  I had heard the song before I moved to USA.  I knew the title, but I knew nothing about its lyrics or what the song was about.  Upon learning the title, I thought, "Sukiyaki is a Japanese dish.  Why do I wake up hearing a song about Japanese food?"  When I finally listened to the song (with lyrics) on YouTube, I laughed at my assumption that the song was about Japanese food.  From the comments below the video, I learned the original title was I look up as I walk.  In the English version, there was another title You Took Your Love Away From Me.  I felt kind of funny and strange seeing the original Japanese singer sang the song with so much joy and cheerfulness.  It did not seem to correspond with the lyrics.  As I read more information about the singer, I understood it was his way of presenting songs.  (By the way, thanks to the creator(s) of midomi.com for helping me to find the title of the song.)

Why did I wake up hearing this music twice?  I did not know.  Yes, I often looked up at the sky as I took walks in the school field.  However, I was not in the mood as the lyrics described.  Life is mysterious.  I really could not come up with any logical reasoning for hearing the music upon waking up.

Well, I like the cheerfulness in the music.  All is good.

Peace,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment