Thursday, February 13, 2020

It is good to become comfortable being uncomfortable

Greetings!

For the past few months, I had been living in a hibernation mode.  Other than shopping for groceries or visiting my loved ones, I had not gone anywhere.

Many spiritual gatherings were held at night.  There was a center that invited different speakers / presenters to come every Friday night.  I really enjoyed those talks.  The center hosted other events at night throughout the week too.  I had not gone to other events because I was not comfortable driving at night especially in the snow.  The center was in a small strip mall that had no parking lot.  It was not easy to find a parking space in the residential area that was close to the center.  My older son was with me the first two times I went there.  We had to walk quite a distance in the dark to get to the car after the meeting was over.

Few weeks ago, I was delighted to learn that the center now welcomed people to come for spiritual discussion on Tuesdays during daytime.  I had planned to drive there on Feb. 11 as my first move out of hibernation.  It did not happen.  On Sunday morning (Feb. 9), I woke up feeling serious pain in my lower abdomen.  As I tried to get up, my lower back hurt.  For two days, I experienced pain whenever I had to stand up or lower my body.  On Tuesday morning, I found myself enveloped in a field of healing energy.  With gratitude, I allowed myself to bathe in the healing energy until almost 11 am.  The pain was much less than before.  Today (Feb. 13) my lower back no longer hurt.  I still felt some discomfort in my lower abdomen.  The serious pain I experienced days earlier might have been caused by the food I ate.

In a conversation with my younger son, I said, "This winter I have not gone anywhere.  When I was working, I drove to work everyday no matter if it rained, snowed, or the roads were icy.  Some of my coworkers might call in, I did not.  I must be getting old."  My son said, "There are people that are much older than you are, yet they never feel old.  There are also people that feel old even though they are in their 30 s or 40 s.  Feeling old is only a state of mindThat means you can change how you feel of yourself.  I know you regard many places as too far away.  I understand you don't want to drive at night to places that you are not familiar with especially in the winter months.  You know, it is good to become comfortable being uncomfortableWhat about what you want to do in life?  Sometimes you have to push yourself beyond your boundaries."

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~


It is good to become comfortable being uncomfortable.

Sometimes you have to push yourself beyond your boundaries.

Deep within, I know it is true.  I know there are patterns I need to let go.  Luckily, I know I am never alone.  I have lots of support from the Loving Divine which includes those from the inner planes as well as those on earth.

Love,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment