Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Ten Years Blogging

Greetings!

It is March 2021.  In March 2011, I published my first post A Story of the Touch of God .  Time flies. 

After a winter storm, the old computer that I used as a typewriter died.  About a year later, my younger son convinced me to buy a new one and subscribe for Internet service so that we could video chat.  At the time, we lived in different states about 750 miles apart.  I only got to see them once or twice a year.  Of course, I would love to video chat with them.  My new computer arrived in time for our first video chat on Thanksgiving Day in 2010.  It was wonderful to talk to our loved ones as well as seeing them on the computer screen.  

Afterward, my son kept 'pushing' me to create a blogger account.  In the earlier years of my spiritual journey, my younger son was the one in the family that I shared with some of my experiences.  Therefore, he knew I was told to write and teach in the Dec. 2001 reading.  I was hesitant to do so.  With my limited English, how could I write?  Besides, I regarded my experiences as something personal.  In my human mind, anything that was personal was not supposed to be shared.  However, part of me understood it was something that I should do.  About a year and a half earlier, I 'got' that it was time for me to re-read my journal so that I could share my experiences / the lessons I learned.  I finally agreed to open a blogger account.

Since I knew very little about the computer, my younger son had to guide me over the phone to create an email address and a blogger account.  Over my side (or at my computer), I typed in atonewithbuddha as my email address.  When my son learned of it, he raised some concern.  He said, "Mom, some people may not want to read your blog if you choose that as your email."  I understood his concern.  I said, "But I had already typed in the letters."  My son said, "You can change it or choose another email address."  After some thought, I said, "It is fine.  I already created an email address."  After a pause, my son said, "Okay, it is up to you."  (In my posts, I had mentioned I did not have a religion.  Many people automatically assumed that I was a Buddhist because I am a Chinese.  As I had told a brother at church that I loved Jesus Christ just as I loved Buddha.  (Re Gateway to Heaven )  I did not know why I typed in atonewithbuddha that day.  It might have something to do with my experience during that time.

After creating a blogger account, my son said, "Mom, I know you.  Though I have helped you to create an account, you may not write.  You have to tell me when you will publish your first post."  Yeah, he knew me.  Reluctantly, I said I would publish a post by March 25.  I thought I had given myself plenty of time, but I barely made the deadline.  

Soon I got a call from my son.  He congratulated me for publishing my first post.  My son told me he used to publish his own blog.  However, with work and kids, he had stopped writing.  He asked me, "Mom, why did you begin your post with 'Greetings'?  It looks odd."  I said, "I know nothing about blogging.  I just think I need to begin a post with greetings."  My son said, "You know, you can simply begin a post without 'greetings', and you don't have to close with 'many blessings' too.He suggested for me to read his blog and other people's blogs.  I went online to read his blog as well as other blogs.  It was true that mine looked odd.  When it was time to publish my second post, I felt more comfortable to begin with 'greetings' and end with 'blessings' than without.  That was the way that I had been connecting with all of you over the years.  My son sometimes said that I was stubborn.  I might be stubborn in some ways.  However, I meant it when I said or wrote 'many blessings' and 'love and peace'.   

In January 2010, I spoke during Sunday service for the first time.  As I had mentioned above, the old computer no longer worked after the winter storm.  I had to write what I planned to talk by hand.  If the computer still worked, I would have printed out the speech in large readable letters.  I wasted many pieces of paper writing and rewriting.  When I finally finished writing , it was very close to the Sunday I was scheduled to talk.  Since my older son did not want to hear anything spiritual, I tried to practice the talk while he was at work.  However, I had a hard time memorizing my speech.  I ended up practicing my talk even when my son was home.  He overheard I began my talk with 'Good morning, my brothers and sisters'.  He immediately said, "Mom, please just say 'Good morning'.  It is so weird to hear what you say!  I have been to church before.  I know nobody say 'good morning, my brothers and sisters'.  You are weird!"  He proceeded to correct the way I said some of the words.  I was glad that he took the time to correct my pronunciation.  In a way, he was right.  It was true that the speakers at church did not begin with the words that I had in mind.  However, I felt there was nothing wrong with the way I addressed the congregation for in truth they were my brothers and sisters.  As I continued to practice, my son protested a few more times.  Later, he left for the gym.  (Since I felt uncomfortable speaking in English, you might wonder why I asked for a chance to speak at church.  Please click to view  Our Voices Matter )

My brothers and sisters at church were very supportive during the two times I spoke.  A brother said, "You must get lots of satisfaction getting standing ovation."  I was surprised to hear that.  I never looked at it that way.  For me, I was very grateful that the church had given me the opportunity to connect and share with the lessons that I had learned.  After I spoke, I felt glad that I had finished the (self-set) assignment.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  (As we connect, we are one in love.  And so it is.)

In the first few years after I bought a new computer, I continued to use it mainly for writing or recording the events in my life.  We moved back to this state near the end of August 2012.  Whenever I had a problem with the computer, I called my younger son.  One day, he said, "Mom, play with the computer.  You won't break it.  The Internet has answers for almost anything.  You can learn how to fix a problem by yourself.  Go to YouTube and search for what you are interested in.  You can listen to music or watch a movie."  Gradually, I spent more time on the computer.  It was true the Internet was very helpful.  
    
In 2016, I wanted to go to spiritual circles / gatherings.  I created another email account for this purpose.  I had been following Natalie Glasson's channeled messages for some months.  The messages from the Divine (e.g. Mahatma, Archangels, Lord Melchizedek, Goddess Community, the Ascended Masters, Lord Buddha and etc.)  were forever loving and supportive.  I watched her videos on YouTube, but sometimes I needed to watch a few times to get the words of certain guidance / invocation.  One day, I decided to subscribe to her email so that I could read the messages.  Subscribing to her channeled messages was one of the best decisions that I had ever made.  Reading the messages helped me much more than just watching the videos.  In later days, I realized I made that decision on Angel's day, Nov. 11, 2016, a 1111 angel number day.    

I had been listening and reading Natalie Glasson's channeled messages for 5 years.  It was only until recently that it suddenly dawned on me that the format I used for my blog was not that weird or odd after all!  You see, the beings that came through Natalie Glasson often began a message with 'greetings' and closed with  'love'.  Sometimes the divine ones began by saying 'greetings my beloved brothers and sisters'.  (e.g. messages from Master Jesus and Master St. Germain)  I read that on the other side or in other dimensions we went to lectures and gatherings too.  It might be I had attended lectures and teachings by the Ascended Ones during my sleep.

Spring is almost here.  I look forward to attend gatherings in person.  

Love and Blessings,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment