Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Love, Compassion and Empathy in Healing

Greetings!

After I moved back to this state, the small church in the other state continued to email me Sunday newsletter every week.  Below the list of the upcoming speakers, events / workshops, news and people that asked for prayers was an excerpt from the lectures of the founder of the church.  I loved reading the excerptsThe words were uplifting and inspiring.    

I did not know anything about the founder of the church before I moved to that state.  He passed away in 1994.  I moved there in August of 2007.  In Sept. 2007, the teacher of healing called me from her state.  She asked me to go to a Unity church to meet two traveling Unity ministers that had learned the healing art.  She had hoped that the three of us would offer healing after Sunday service.  It did not happen because the two ministers had their personal agenda.  Afterward, they continued to travel to other Unity churches in U.S.A.  While I was at Unity, a mother and daughter talked to me.  They were both mediums that talked to spirits.  They told me another church might be the right one for me.  They gave me the directions.  They were right.  I eventually called that small church my spiritual home.

The founder of the church was a known psychic, channel, and spiritual teacher.  He gave readings by getting into a trance like Edgar Cayce, the Sleeping Prophet.  He also channeled universal wisdom.  In his lectures, he talked in depth about healing.  A while back, I read an excerpt where he said if we loved another person more than ourselves, we could practically feel what that person felt, and healing could occur.  (I could not recall the exact words, but this was my understanding.)  I thought, "Really?  But how many of us can love others more than ourselves?"  

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

After the conversation with my son about the father and son getting emotional on the TV, a few incidents came to my mind.  (Re He asked, "Why (do you tear up)? They are not related to you. )

During the challenging restaurant years, some earth angels walked in and became my friends.  I am eternally grateful for their love and support.

One of the earth angels was a woman who believed in angels and spirits.  She and her husband ordered food from us regularly.  They were in their 70 s.  Her husband used to come to pick up their carry orders.  Later, her husband passed away.  The woman / my friend began to come in and eat instead of ordering carryout.  She often came after or before the rush hours so that we could talk.  I enjoyed listening to her stories.  She walked with a cane.  Some days she seemed to be in pain walking, but she was always cheerful.  Once in a while, she brought along her next door neighbor to our restaurant.

In September, 2001, she came in.  I saw that she was in a lot of pain.  I asked how she was doing.  She said the pain in her feet was getting worse, and the pain kept her up at night.  She told me her husband died of bone cancer.  She was afraid she might have bone cancer too.  She said she had make an appointment to see a doctor.  

I began to pray for her at night.  One night in late September, her next door neighbor came in.  It was the first time her neighbor came in by herself.  After I brought out her food, she said, "I come to tell you that your friend is very sick.  You better pray for her."  My friend had told me that her neighbor did not believe in angels, prayer, and life after death.  It showed how much her neighbor cared about her.  I was very concerned about my friend.  That night I prayed with all my heart and soul for my friend.  I continued to pray for her whenever I thought of her.

On Oct. 2, 2001, I went to bed around 2 a.m.  Less than two hours later, severe pain inside the bottom of my feet woke me up.  I curved my feet towards my upper body.  From my experiences, this usually freed me from cramps.  It did not work this time.  I had cramps during pregnancy.  It was a long, long time ago.  Once in a long while, I did experience minor pain on my feet, but this time the pain was terrible.  I rose from bed to hold my feet with my hands.  I imagined healing energy enfolded my feet (I learned this from books).  It did not help.  The pain was too much to bear.  All of a sudden, I heard myself yelled,

                                           "In the Name of God, heal!"

                                           "In the Name of God, heal!"

                                           "In the Name of God, heal!"

The pain abruptly subsided.  Luckily, my yelling did not wake my husband up.  While I was a light sleeper, my husband was a heavy sleeper.  Lying in bed, I wondered what overcame me to say those words.  Every time when I got sick, I begged God to heal me.  Even during the 4 days and nights excruciating pain ordeal, I just kept repeating, "God, please heal me. God, please heal me."  "In the Name of God, heal!" sounded like a command to me.  I had never said that before.  As the pain subsided, I fell asleep again with a heart of gratitude.  (Re the 4 days and nights ordeal see my post The Grace of God )

On Oct.3, 2001, my friend walked in without a cane.  I assumed her visit to the doctor must have helped her.  I asked her about it.  She said she had not seen the doctor yet for her appointment was the following week.  She said she woke up feeling much better on Oct. 2, and had since been walking without a cane.  Seeing the smile back on her face, I was very happy for her.

Another incident was about a black woman who worked in a store.  

She was a cashier.  Sometimes she worked at the lottery counter.  Whenever she saw me and my husband, she greeted us with a big smile.  She waved at us with a great smile from her checkout lane even when we lined up at other checkout lane.  (My husband often chose a lane with the least number of customers.)  I had seen many customers smiled back at her just as we did because she was so nice and friendly.  

One afternoon, I went shopping for the restaurant.  I saw her working at the lottery counter*.  One look at her, I knew she was very sick.  I went to buy a lottery ticket.  I asked, "How are you doing?"  In a barely audible voice, she told me she had been sick for some days and her whole body hurt terribly.  I asked if she had seen a doctor.  She said she did, but the medicine did not help.  I suggested for her to take some days off and rest at home.  She said she had already taken a few sick days.  She had to come to work because she needed money to pay the rent.  I looked at her with lots of compassion.  (*This was the same store that I wrote about in Words of Christ and the 4444 Incident - Part 2.  The lottery counter used to be right by the entrance.  The layout of the store is different now.)

That night I knelt down by the side of the bed and prayed for the cashier.  As I prayed, excruciating pain came over my entire body.  It had never happened before while I was praying.  Despite of the terrible pain, I continued to pray.  When I finished praying, I was surprised the pain was completely gone.  I was fine.

The next day, my husband asked me to go to the store to buy something for the restaurant.  Again, I saw the woman at the lottery counter.  She looked at me with her usual wonderful smile.  I asked how she was doing.  She said she felt great because she was no longer in pain.  I was glad she was well.  I thought the pain I felt while praying could just be a coincidence.

In the restaurant years, other customers had asked me to pray for them every now and then.  On some occasions, the customers told me they were visiting our state or they lived in cities that were not nearby.  They happened to drive past our restaurant, and wanted to come in to order food.  While waiting for their orders, they began to tell me a family member was sick.  Before they left, they asked me to pray for him or her.  In most cases, I did not see them again.  When I prayed for others, I never felt pain except in the above two casesI usually prayed while sitting on my bed.  Looking back, I must really hope that the divine would intercede and show grace in the cashier's situation that I knelt down to pray.

I was happy that my friend and the cashier were feeling much better.  However, I could not help but wondered if I felt pain merely by coincidence, or I had experienced their pain.  I believed ** I had said to my guides and angels that I would continue to pray for others, but I did not want to experience other's pain anymore.  (** It was not recorded in my journal.)  Since then, I had not felt any physical pain when I prayed for others.    

When my friend and the cashier talked to me, I listened with love and compassion.  I did not feel their physical pain.  I was sensitive since I was young.  I could feel who was sad or happy, but had no idea why he / she was in such a mood.  I thought it was only because I was observant and / or thoughtful.  When I said to my son that I was empathetic, many things that I had gone through with doubt suddenly became clear.  I was empathetic to a certain degree and yet not overly sensitive.  It helped me to maintain my peace and balance.  It helped me to connect with others and be a conduit of healing.

Love and Blessings,
Q of D
  

No comments:

Post a Comment