Saturday, June 25, 2011

Giving and Receiving Love Must Be Balanced

Greetings!

Today I facilitate a healing workshop with two other friends.  We pair up to practice sending and receiving love.  Not surprisingly, most of us find that it is easier to give than to receive or accept love.  We are mothers, daughters, sisters, and aunts in the family structure.  We are used to love, comfort, take care, and nurture others.  We often put our wants and needs at the bottom of the list.  However, we have to understand that taking care of ourselves is just as important if not more important.

Here are some words of wisdom from my spirit guides and angels when I asked them years ago about how to live my life.

"Life is like a sea, its ebb and rise are constant.  It is the mental view of self that sees it differently.  Everything is in perfect order as is.  What we want you to do now is to be more outright in the front.  State how you want your life to be.  You have always planned your life as if you are responsible for everyone.  No, you are only responsible for yourself.  In being responsible for your own well being, you influence others in a way that is much more than what you can perceive.  Don't spend too much energy wishing how the others will be or to be.  In doing so, you are not allowing others to learn their lessons.  You can ask or pray that they learn their lessons with ease and grace, but not the way you think things would be or should be."

I would like to share with you this experience.  It happened during the challenging restaurant years.

Most of our business came from carry-out orders.  Customers picked up their orders and left.  A few regulars often left a tip.  I served all with love and respect.  I never took into account if they gave me tips or not.  One day, almost all the customers that came to pick up their orders left me a big tip.  They did not say a word.  They just looked at me with love and compassion.  While my husband was driving us home that night, I was overwhelmed with emotions.  Tears dripped down my face.  In my heart, I said, "I am grateful for their (customers) kindness, but what have I done to put myself in this pitiful position!"  I 'heard' a 'sigh', and my spirit guide said, "Don't you know giving and receiving must be balanced!"

Tonight I would leave you, especially my sisters, with this thought - it is alright to be loved, and let us open our hearts to receive.  May we live a balanced life of giving and receiving love.  

Many blessings,
Q of D


No comments:

Post a Comment