Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Focus on the goodness of people

Greetings!

Reading through my old notebooks, I found a short entry that was worth sharing.  It happened many years ago.
                           
                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       

I came out of a place.  My husband was waiting for me in the car.  As soon as I got inside the car, I vented all my frustration with the woman that worked there that day.  This place had different employees working on different shifts during the weekdays.  Most of the time there was only one employee.  I came to this place regularly.  Most of the workers were nice.  However, this woman had always been rude and mean.  I told my husband that it might be I should go there on the day she was off.  I went on to recall my past experiences dealing with her.  All of a sudden, I heard (as a quiet voice within) -

Don't dwell on other's negativity
Focus on the goodness of people

Immediately, I stopped talking.  With my spirit guide's timely intervention, I realized I had reacted negatively to a situation again.  "Oh, another lesson of discernment or don't take things personally,"  I smiled and let go of the unwholesome feeling.

                                            ~~~~~     end of entry    ~~~~~

Please don't think for a minute that I attained my peace from then on.  I am still learning, and have many lessons to go through.  However, I have come to understand that people are not who they seem to be - they are not the personalities they take on nor the roles they play.  Challenging situations may be planned lessons for us to overcome.  We don't have to react adversely to those who act negatively towards us.

According to my experiences, forgiveness for others or self is not even needed in most of the cases.  Oftentimes, we simply have to let go, and don't take things personally.  When we focus on the goodness of people, we see beauty and wonders wherever we are.

Love,
Q of D

P.S.  If you may, please read my post You don't necessary have to like or dislike someone.  I find my guide's words wise and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment