Friday, October 12, 2012

Now, we are about even!

Greetings!

This morning I woke up remembering an incident that happened in the restaurant years.

I wrote in my post Giving and Receiving Love Must Be Balanced that over 90% of our business were carry-out orders.  A few of our regular customers always left a tip when they picked up their orders.  One of them was an elderly gentleman.  In the earlier years of our business, he used to dine-in with his wife.  Our older son had waited on them. They were always very nice and generous.  They told our son they had retired, and they owned some properties in another city.  In the later years, it seemed they had moved.  Instead of dining in, they ordered carry-outs from us.  Sometimes his wife came and picked up the order.  Sometimes a woman who said she worked in a nursing home picked up the order.  The other times the gentleman came.

They always ordered the same thing.  They did not eat much, and the total of their order was less than $10.  Whenever the gentleman came, he left a tip.  He might add a few dollars to what he should pay, and he had left a $10 tip for our son before.

Then for a year or two (I could not remember clearly), he always came in with a $5 in his hand as a tip.  I told him again and again he did not need to do that, but he insisted.

One day near Christmas, the gentleman came to pick up his order.  As usual, he gave me a $5 tip after he paid for his order.  He then walked very quickly towards the door which he never did before.  I looked at the $5 in my hand.  It was folded into a square. It was thick!  Immediately, I unfolded it.  There was a $20 inside!  I rushed to give him the money back .

"Sir, I cannot accept......"  He stopped me before I finished.  He looked into my eyes and said: "Now, we are about even."  Then he walked out of the restaurant.

With the $25 in my hand, I stood there in puzzlement.  Why did he say 'now, we are about even'?  Suddenly, I recalled a dream.    

One morning, I woke up from a dream.

I was a young, married woman.  I was walking inside a housing complex which was built with mud.  Outside, it was mud too, and there was no paved road.  Many families lived there.  Children were seen playing inside the common area of the complex.  It seemed I just moved there, and my husband worked in a nearby power plant (electricity).  In one of the unit or room, I saw three men harassing an old man who was about 75 years old. They were yelling at him because he owed them money. The next scene - I was talking to a little girl who was about 5 - 7 years old.  She was the old man's granddaughter.  I gave her a dollar, and asked her to give it to her grandfather.  I told her from now on I would give her some money every month to give to her grandfather, however, she must never tell him it was from me.

It was not a vivid dream.  I took it as a past life dream.  It was a feel dream which meant there was no clear image.  I remembered it because it was a dream before I woke up.  As I mentioned, the dream right before I woke up always bore some significance.  

I did not know why I recalled that dream at that very moment.  I would never know if he was the old man in the dream.  That was the last time I saw him.

Life is mysterious!  Take good care of yourself, be kind, and enjoy your journey on earth.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment