Friday, November 20, 2015

Random Acts of Kindness

Greetings!

In the morning of Saturday, Nov. 7, our older son was driving home.  He stopped at McDonald to buy breakfast.  As usual, he lined up at the drive-through lane.  Before it was his turn, he thought of bringing home some breakfast for us.  Therefore, in addition to his own breakfast, he ordered two coffee, two egg muffins, and two apple pies.  When he drove to the window to pay for his order, he was surprised the driver of the car in front of him had paid for his order!  He did not expect this to happen.  For a while, he did not know what to do.  The car in front of him was gone.  He recalled it was with an Illinois license plate.

At home, he told me what had happened.  He thought it must be one of those random acts of kindness.  I asked how he felt about it.  He said he was grateful.  He said, "Mom, I should have paid for the car behind me, but I did not.  I was too surprised that someone had paid for my order."  I said, "It is alright.  You can do it anytime when you feel you want to."

To the one who paid for our breakfast, thank you for your kindness and generosity. Many blessings to you!

Love,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment