Friday, June 17, 2016

She offers to let him go ahead of her, and he says "No ...."

Greetings!

After shopping, we line up to pay.  It is Friday.  There are lines behind every cash register for many people have come out to shop.  

Soon we are fourth or fifth in line.  A man is in front of us.  Before him is an old couple with many groceries.  The old woman looks back at the man behind them.  Seeing he has only two items in his shopping cart, she asks if he wants to go ahead of them*.

*It happens from time to time.  Many people are kind and considerate.  They understand some people may be in a hurry to leave the store and go somewhere.

The man says, "No, no ... thanks.  I have to learn patience."

I do not expect to hear this response at all.  In situation like this, people sometimes say "I am not in a hurry" or "I have plenty of time".  He does not want to go ahead of them for he wants to learn patience!  Hearing that, I cannot help but let out a heartfelt smile.  Since I hear it, I think I have to learn patience too.  I observe I have not been very patient with the people that I just come to know.  Thanks, Brother!

If I ever stand in a long line, I hope I will remember what happens today.  With patience, I know I will see beauty wherever I am.

Peace,
Q of D


No comments:

Post a Comment