Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Intricacy of a Divine Plan

Greetings!

In the evening of Friday, June 3, I helped a woman taking out the trash from her apartment.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

In my post A car with a license plate that bore the name of my angel, I wrote I went for a job interview, but I was hesitant to accept the assignment.  After seeing the sign (i.e. the license plate), I decided to give the job a try.

For the last two weeks, I had been going to an apartment where a woman and her husband lived.  They were in their 80 s and 90 s.  The husband was wheelchair bound.  I cooked supper for them and helped around the house.

                                            ~       ~       ~      ~      ~       ~

I put the trash into the dumpster.  On the way back, the woman suddenly said it was around April 20 that her husband had the second stroke.  He was in the hospital for weeks.  Later, she was hospitalized too.

April 20 was the day that did not turn out as I had planned.  What a coincidence!  If that day had gone on as I had planned, I would not be working for this couple.  I realized it was not by chance I met them.  I did not like asking questions.  If she did not talk about their hospitalization while we took out the trash, I would not have learned about the intricacy of the divine plan.  (Click to view the post The day did not turned out as I had planned).

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

The company had provided other caregivers to come in and help this couple during different times of the day.  Originally, I told the company I only wanted to work two or three evenings, but the woman kept asking me to help her out.  I ended up helping them more evenings than I preferred.  The woman said she was too old to take care of her husband, and many caregivers left after working for a while.  It was a challenge for me too because the woman and her husband were much taller and bigger than I was.  I hope the company would find the right person to help them soon.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

We all get old someday.  Taking care of the old couple helps me see the aging aspect of life.

From a day that did not turn out as I had planned to the license plate of a car with the name of my angel as well as the special 53 connection, and finally the talk after taking out the trash, life is more intriguing than how it looks on the surface.  (Yes, the sentence is long and incorrect grammatically.  I hope you understand what I write.  I am smiling.  I hope you are too.)

Love,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment