Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Word Attribute

Greetings!

One night long time ago, I sat down to write my journal.

I wrote about a situation.  I felt I had handled it with courage and strength which to me were some of the qualities of my personality.  As I was going to use the word 'personality' in my journal, the word 'attribute' suddenly came to my mind (or sounded in my head).  With my limited understanding of English / limited English vocabulary, I knew the word 'attribute' as in 'attributes of a river' in geography class, e.g. 'attributes of a river' meant 'streams of a river'.  I wondered why the word came since I was writing about personality.  Somehow, the word stayed in my mind.  I decided to look it up in a dictionary.  To my amazement, 'attribute' was the right word to use instead of 'personality'.  That night I realized the whole me (higher Self) knew much more than the present human me appeared to be.  It was the same with all of us.  ( Please click to view We are all much more than who we appear to be . )

The above incident took place in the restaurant years.  At the time, I did not have a computer.  I seldom looked up meanings of words in a dictionary for the words in the dictionary were too small and hard to read. 
Thanks to Google / the Internet, now I can easily check my spellings and find out the meanings.  While writing this post, I look up the meaning of attribute and personality online.  There are many similar as well as different comparisons.  I may share with you my view in a later post.  As usual, I get it from my experiences.  It does not mean I am right or I am wrong.
I shared with you the incident because I happened to reread an interesting dream in my journal today.  It was also about attributes.  I had the dream on April 11, 2019, but had forgotten about it.  Other than the dream that morning, something remarkable happened too.  I would share with you the story in my next post.

Love and blessings,
Q of D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment