Monday, September 9, 2019

I went there with an open heart and mind

Greetings!

I opened the door and walked in.  The host looked at me.  It was obvious the host did not know what to make of an outsider like me.  The host continued to put some print-outs here and there on the tables.  Other than the host, four people were there.  I greeted all with a smile.  There was not much response.  Peacefully, I sat down.

When I signed up, I perceived the gathering could be different from other spiritual meetings that I had gone to.  I did not know anything about the belief / culture.  I went there to hear a lecture on a subject matter that was totally new to me.

The day before the event, I had received an email that there would be five people.  Therefore, I thought I was the last one to walk in.  The host began to talk about their belief and nature.  Every now and then the host retrieved a picture from a phone.  The host walked forward to show the picture to each person, and subconsciously (or consciously) skipped walking to where I sat.  (It was a small place.  Small tables were put together in a U-shape and the one to my right was about two feet away.)  I observed with a smile, and did not say anything.  I got that the host was feeling uneasy of my presence.  In my heart, I said, "I do not judge you."

Unexpectedly, more people continued to walk in.  Later, the host said it was time for each one of us to introduce ourselves.  The host pointed at me and said, "Let's start with you!"  I did not expect that, but I was at ease.  I said, "I am (my name).  I do not know anything about (the subject matter).  I come here with an open heart and mind."  Immediately, I felt the heaviness or uneasiness seemed to have lifted off the host.  The host looked at me with a nod and an accepting smile. 

The one that gave the lecture was a humble, scholastic young man.  It was a good lecture.  After the lecture, I raised my hand to ask a couple of questions.  The host answered them truthfully.  I thanked the host and the young man before I left.

In August, I had wanted to go to a holistic expo, but did not go.  I was glad I went to the above event to begin the month of September.

Love and peace,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment