Sunday, January 23, 2022

I AM BACK ! Happy 2022 !

Greetings!

Happy 2022!  I know some days have gone by, but best wishes are always relevant.  😊😊😊

On the first day of 2022, I was home by myself with our cat.  My older son was with his girlfriend to welcome in the new year.  We usually invited our younger son and his family to come to celebrate the Chinese (lunar) new year and not the Gregorian new year.  I woke up feeling the quiet joy in the air.  I thanked the angels and guides for sharing with me their love.  I realized this was the first time in my life that I was all by myself on a new year day since I was born.  Then these thought came to my mind -

Do cultures play a role in our afterlife experience?  To be exact, do cultures affect what one chooses to do after one leaves the body?

Do all (universal) laws apply to every human being?  Or, the laws may not necessary apply the way we (humans) think?

Why did these thought come to my mind?  Why was I by myself on the first day of 2022?

My husband passed away in early October, 2021.  He did not die of covid.  However, the pandemic had probably played a part in his passing.  It was the case with many people that died during this time.  There was much more to his death, and I might share in later post.

Our older son had always wanted us (his parents) to live forever.  He did not want to hear us talking about death.  Therefore, his father's death hit him hard.  In the hospital, he asked the doctors and nurses to revive his father again and again.  They had told us the truth from the beginning.  However, they complied because they understood his emotion.  I watched with gratitude for their patience and understanding.  (In the hospital, I was in such peace that others might wonder why I did not cry.  Something happened while I was by my husband's side waiting for the ambulance to come.  As thing continued to unfold, I realized the grace, and my heart was filled with gratitude.)

I knew very little about our tradition / culture as what to do after someone died.  I had heard the first 49 days were important, or people mourned for 49 days.  I prayed that my husband would come into our older son's dream to let him know that he was fine on the other side.

Peace and Love,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment