Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me!

Greetings!

Today is Angels Day, a 111 day.  To all the angels, I love you!  Beside Nov. 1, I also regard Nov. 11 and Jan. 11 as Angels Days.  Life is like painting a canvas, the child in me wants to put beautiful colors here and there.

Now, let me ask you a question.  How do you normally feel when you sing the song "Happy Birthday to You"?  Does love fill your heart when you sing it for your loved ones?  Do you feel differently, for instance, when you sing the song with others at work for someone you do not know well?

As for me, singing the song always brings a smile on my face.  I may be at church, in a party, or somewhere I happen to be, the joyful feeling is the same.  It doesn't matter if we know each other well or not.  Love and blessings flow forth freely to the star of the day (i.e. the one who is celebrating a birthday).

To me, this is one of the best songs of goodwill.  Most of us sing it naturally with good wishes, joy, friendship, and love.  When we sing this song, we cannot sing in tune in a grudging voice; we cannot sing in tune if we are upset or sad.  We may not have noticed it, singing this song together brings forth a very special moment especially when all are peaceful.  In that moment, we are joined as one in gladness and goodwill.

Seeing the title, you may wonder if today is my birthday.  No, it is not.  However, the song is in the air as I wake up.  It is always wonderful to hear the song.  It reminds me of one morning a few years ago.

That morning after washing my face and brushing my teeth, I stood in front of the mirror.  As I looked at me, it suddenly dawned on me I was no longer the old me. 'Everyday is a new day, and everyday I am a new me'.  I began singing "Happy birthday to me!  Happy birthday to me!  Happy birthday to the new me.  Happy birthday to me!"  I sang and sang.  The energy in me and around me was remarkable, and the whole place was filled with joy.

In a small gathering, I had shared my experience.  I encouraged my friends to give it a try and sing happy birthday to themselves in the morning.  It was wonderful to see the broad smiles on some of my friends' faces when they related their own experiences days later.

Everyday is a brand new day.  Everyday you are a new you.  Wherever you are, may your days be filled with peace and joy.

Love,
Q of D  

No comments:

Post a Comment