Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Is our thought a secret known only to ourselves?

Greetings!

Most of us think what we hold in our mind is a secret known only to ourselves, but it is not necessary so.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

One day, I was in a fruit market.  When I lined up to pay, quite a few people were ahead of me.  I saw a young man with down syndrome standing behind a woman whom I assumed was his mother.  They were next in line at the cash register counter.  In other words, there were some people standing between me and them.

A man was behind this mother and son.  He stood at a distance from them.  He took a quick look at the young man on and off.  He seemed to be uncomfortable or nervous seeing the appearance of the young man.  In our human nature, it was not uncommon for us to keep a distance from those that looked different.  In my heart, I mentally sent the young man with down syndrome my love and blessings.  As soon as I did that, the woman (or his mother) turned to look at me.  She said to her son: "Go and give the Chinese lady a hug."  So we hugged while others looked on wondering what was going on.

The young man's mother was very intuitive.  She heard the words from my heart.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

The other day I was in a grocery store.  My husband always chose to line up where the line was the shortest and people bought the least items.  He signaled for me to line up at cash register 7.  It was a busy day at the store.  We were probably the fifth or sixth in line.

While I stood there, the cashier happened to look my way.  For a brief second, our eyes met.  She looked tired, and her face was tight.  I could sense her irritation.  I thought, "Oh!  No.  The cashier is in a negative mood."  Right then, another thought rose to counter my first thought, "Of course, she feels irritated because she has been busy all dayI should change my view of her.  I should be understanding, and should look at her with love."  With this thought, I looked at the cashier with an understanding smile.  At that instant, the cashier happened to raise her head and look at me.   She let out a broad smile.  When it was my turn, she was friendly and happy.  She seemed to have a refill of energy, and did not look tired anymore.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

This incident happened before I joined the Thursday circle in 2005.

My husband and I went to a store.  We always shopped at the produce department first because I loved to eat fruit.  Suddenly, I felt I was being watched.  A young Mexican woman (I assumed) in her late teens or early 20 s was standing a few feet away.  She looked at me with her eyes widely opened.  I looked at her with a questioning look.  She just smiled shyly.  I continued walking, and she followed.  I talked to my husband about it.  He thought I should pay no attention to it.

I filled my shopping cart as I walked.  The young woman did not have a shopping cart with her.  Aisle after aisle she followed me.  Sometimes I looked at her with a smile, and she smiled back.  When we were near the last two or three aisles of the store, she suddenly walked away in a rush.

When I walked to the next aisle, I saw her again.  She was talking to a young Mexican man whom I assumed was her husband.  They were at the end of that aisle.  Her husband had a shopping cart filled with grocery.  By their side was a little girl about two years old.  The young woman pointed at me, and seemed to push her husband to talk to me.  However, he was as shy as she was.  I decided to leave the aisle instead of walking in their direction.

The young woman made a sound as if asking me to wait.  I stopped.  She grabbed her daughter's hand and pulled her towards me.  When they were a few feet from me, I heard she talked to the little girl in a language I did not understand.  She seemed to encourage her daughter to walk to me on her own.  Seeing a stranger (me), the girl looked back at her father.  She began to walk to him.  Her mother stopped her and pushed her to stand in front of me.  It was obvious we could not communicate in English.  I looked at the young woman.  Suddenly, it came to me she wanted me to give her daughter a blessing!  I put my hand on the girl's head.  Then I pulled her little hands together and held them in my hands.  I said some words of blessing.  The young woman let out the most beautiful, sunny smile.  We bowed at each other and parted ways.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

Over the years, I had a few more of this kind of encounters.  Though words were not spoken, we connected with one another intuitively.  Some of us might want to believe our thought was known only to ourselves, but it was not.  As a psychic said, "Intuition is the language of the soul, and we are souls."  Furthermore, what we held in our mind was of importance not only to us, but to others too.  The tired cashier looked renewed when I held a different view of her.  Therefore, we should choose careful what we held in our mind of ourselves and others.

Love and blessings,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment