Monday, November 24, 2014

A Play on the Stage of Life

Greetings!

I had this short dream some years ago.  I observed what went on in the dream, and this was what I saw.

                                               ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~    

Many people stood outside of a theater waiting to enter.   There was no sense of time or hurry.  People simply waited.  People seemed to stand in space instead of on a solid ground as on earth.

Not all the people walked into the theatre at the same time.  Only some entered the theatre at a time.  While some people walked inside, more people appeared on the outer edge of the crowd waiting for their turns.

Inside the theatre, the light setting was low (similar to theatres on earth).  Upon entering, people walked to different rooms where there were many garments for them to choose and put on.  It was a huge place, and there were many different rooms with all kind of garments.  The light inside those rooms was dim.  Then I saw people who had put on garments went on a big stage.  Each played a role in the dramas that had been going on.

Next, I saw a steady flow of people walking out of the theatre (from the back or the side of the theatre).  They had finished playing their roles on the stage.  They no longer wore the garments.  They looked the same as they were before entering the theatre.  Outside was a vast open space with light as that of a beautiful sunny day. Bliss was in the air.  People walked on joyfully in small groups or individually.  They did not walk towards the same direction, but headed for different directions.

                                                ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~        

As I woke up, the thought that came to me was 'Oh, people did not go into a theatre to watch a movie!'  Then I realized the dream was symbolic to what we did.  We came to earth (the theatre), put on a garment (a body, or the role one played), and went on the stage of life (went through many experiences or dramas of life).  When the play (a physical life) was over,  we moved on leaving our garments behind.

When I had the dream, I was in the early years of my search for answers to my mystical experiences.  Although the presence of angels and guides had brought me much love and comfort, I still reacted to life situations with negative emotions from time to time, e.g. pain, hurt, and resentment.  The dream gave me a sense of ease about life.  It was like the angels and guides were telling me 'take it easy, life is but a play, others are neither their personalities nor the roles they play, and don't take things too personally'.

At the end of the dream, people walked on in ease / bliss.  Nobody seemed to dwell on or talk about what happened inside the theatre.  It might be they had done that numerous times.  They headed for different directions as if other plans or adventures awaited them.

The ending of the dream did not resemble anything I read in books about life.  I loved the dream.  It helped me to look at life from a different perspective especially when I was in a challenging situation such as facing someone with a challenging personality.

Peace,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment