Tuesday, November 11, 2014

On this Angels Day and Veterans Day, I give thanks to..........

Greetings!

I had cataract surgery on my right eye over a month ago.  I was quite near-sighted and had worn eyeglasses since I was in 4th grade.  The surgery was a success.  I only experienced a little bit of discomfort.

My right eye was blurry for the first few days.  It began to improve on the fourth day. With the basic monofocal len, I could see things in a distance.  If I wanted to read a book, I had to cover the eye that had surgery.  I also found using the computer was somewhat challenging.  Despite of the minor inconvenience, I could not stop smiling.  Now, I could watch the television without any eyeglasses, see things far away clearly, and the colors were amazing!  For a while, everything looked super bright.  I had to turn down the setting of brightness on the computer and the television.

My left eye, which used to see better than the right eye, was scheduled for surgery four weeks later.  Originally, I wanted to cancel the surgery because I could read with that eye.  However, after not wearing the eyeglasses for a couple of weeks, the brain must have automatically used the right eye.  When I put on my eyeglasses (with the right side covered), I found the eyesight of my left eye had deteriorated a lot.  I could no longer see with my left eye even with the eyeglasses on.

Therefore, I had surgery on my left eye last week.  It went very well.  It was painless.

The left eye is getting better every day.  The right eye is doing well.  I buy a pair of reading glass from the Dollar Store so that I can read the newspaper and use the computer.   It will be some days before the doctor can give me a prescription for a new pair of eyeglasses.  I want to take this opportunity to thank the eye doctor and all the nurses who have treated me with kindness.

I have withdrawn my recent post on the gray cat.  It will be a while before I can finish the story on the cat.  It makes no sense to publish part 1 and 2 (or 3) with many days apart.

Today is Angels Day* (Nov. 11, 1111 day) and Veterans Day.  I honor the presence of the loving angels in our lives, and the veterans who serve and protect USA - the Land of the Free.  Thank you!

Love,
Q of D

*I honor the love of the angels on Jan. 11, Nov. 1, 10 & 11.  These are 111 or 1111 days.  111 is a number symbolic to the presence of angels.   You can celebrate each day and every day with or without any reason.   Life is supposed to be fun, and Life Is.

No comments:

Post a Comment