Saturday, July 11, 2015

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw ...

Greetings!

We lived next to two schools that had three huge grassy sports fields.  People in the neighborhood liked to take walks on the playground when the schools were not in session.

Yesterday evening I decided to take a walk by the school.  Though it was already past 8 p.m., the sun was still shining.  There were many people playing and walking on the fields.  As soon as I walked onto the field, something unexpected happened.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something with wings rapidly approaching my head.  I thought it was a butterfly with big wings.  (Yeah, I wished it were a big butterfly!)  Instantly, I raised my right hand above my head to catch it.  It was faster than my hand, and I never even touched it.

The next thing I knew a bird had landed on my head!  It was chirping loudly.  (I did not know if I should use chattering or chirping.  I could only describe it as loud.)  I had washed my hair three hours ago.  The movement of the bird made me think about the possibility of bird poo on my hair.  I tried to get the bird off my hair with my hand.  I did it gently.  I thought the bird that landed on my head could be a baby bird that just learned to fly.  I did not want to scare the bird.  In order to avoid my hands (I only used one hand at a time), the bird walked around my head swiftly.  I could feel its talons touching my head, but it did not hurt.  The bird moved so fast that I never touched any part of its body.  Meanwhile, the bird continued to chirp loudly.

I did not expect this to happen at all.  I was somewhat embarrassed because I knew there were a few people walking where I was.  I decided to stop trying to get the bird off my hair with my hands.  Instead, I stood still.  For some long seconds, the bird continued to flap its wings as it walked around my head.  All the while, it was chirping as loud as it could as if it was making its announcement.  Then it flew high up into the air and out of the field towards the apartments.  It was definitely not a baby bird.

I continued walking as if nothing had happened.  A while later, I could not help but laughed as I thought about the funny scene  - a bird landed on a woman's head and refused to leave.  I was also relieved that there was no 'you know what' on my hair.

Birds are very special in my life.  They are the confirmation, the messengers, and my link to the Divine.  I hope to share with you some wonderful experiences of birds in the future.

Love,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment