Tuesday, January 31, 2017

My granddaughter asked, "Have you seen your future yet?"

Greetings!

Every year my loved ones asked for my wish list about two months before Christmas. I really did not feel I needed anything.  When I told them how I felt, they insisted they would buy me gifts anyway.  They said, "If you don't tell us what you like, you may end up getting something you do not want."  I complied by giving them a list of a few easy to get items such as music CD, but they always had their own creative gift ideas.

Last Christmas they gave me a big crystal ball and a beautiful blue crystal candle holder.  I was very surprised as well as grateful for their thoughtful, wonderful gifts.

When I opened the box of the crystal ball, my daughter-in-law said, "Now Ah Ma can see her own future."  My six years old granddaughter was very curious as how I could see my future in a crystal ball.  Since then, every time we met, she asked, "Ah Ma (grandma), have you seen your future yet?"  Looking at her adorable face, I smiled from the bottom of my heart.  When I said "not yet", she often said "Oh ..."  I could hear the disappointment in her voice.  She really believed I would see my future in the crystal ball, and was eager to hear about it.

I had seen a crystal ball in Matthew's house***.  However, I had never thought of having one!  Days after Christmas, I asked my son where did he get the idea of giving me a crystal ball.  He said it was the kids' (my grandchildren) idea.  (***Matthew was the young man that had taken the time to talk to my older son in June 2016.  The spiritual teacher stayed in his house during his visit to USA.  After the teacher left, Matthew and his wife gracefully opened their house for the monthly meditation.  Re my posts published from June to Oct. 2016.)

I put the crystal ball and the candle holder on the computer desk.  When I am on the computer, I look over to the crystal ball and smile every now and then.  Have I seen my future yet?  As the question comes, it also comes to past.  The 'future' becomes the 'past'.  Whatever will be, will be.  In love, I remain.  In truth, I am.

With the seemingly chaos around us in recent weeks, many of us are now more aware of the world around us.  Things happen for a reason.  We can take a stand for what we feel are right, and at the same time maintain our peace.  No matter how thick the clouds are, light will eventually shine through.

Love,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment