Monday, August 19, 2019

Did I feel qualified as a healer?

Greetings!

In He said, "Go to work now!"  and A Remarkable Coincidence , I shared that I always felt I did not know what to do as regards to healing work.

In my Dec. 2001 reading, my guides said through the angel channel that it was important for me to go among people without delay, teach and write.  I did not ask why my guides said that for what I heard was beyond what I thought I could do.

After the restaurant years were over, I eventually followed the guidance to step outside of my family.  As I sat among others, I occasionally felt powerful energy poured into meI had no idea why it happened or what went on around me.  At times my body turned to a certain direction or my hands moved because of the energy.  There were times people cried when they happened to touch my hands or when I gave them a hug.  In order not to draw any attention, I often sat near the back in gatherings such as church services.  I took comfort thinking I was the only one that felt or knew the surge of energy.

On the last Thursday of May 2005, I joined a spiritual circle that met every Thursday morning.  Two months later, the teacher of the circle told me that my guide had been urging her to tell me to learn a healing art.  I did not follow the guidance because I could not envision myself working as a healer in a western culture.

Near the end of March 2007, I finally followed the guidance to learn a healing art.  When I told my friends, the teacher of the circle, who was then also the owner of the holistic center, immediately asked me to be the on site healer on Wednesdays.  I did not expect to hear that at all.  Other on site healers were experienced healers that had learned many healing modalities.  Besides, I knew a few of my friends at the circle were Reiki masters.  They had more experience in healing and were more qualified than me.  I talked to the teacher saying my friends would be better on-site healers than me.  However, she said I did not see what she saw, and insisted Wednesday was mine if I accepted.  She was an exceptional spiritual teacher, and a long time professional psychic medium.  She probably saw more in me than I of myself.  To the teacher and my friends of the Thursday circle, I am eternally grateful.

I was with the circle for over two years until I had to move to another state.  New faces walked in to join the circle all the time.  Some of them seemed to know the teacher and the owner of the center well.  The center held different classes, circles and events throughout the week during daytime as well as at night.  I only went to the Thursday morning circle.  Therefore, many might be new to me, but were not new to the center.

Some time in 2006, a woman began coming to the circle.  Whenever I felt powerful energy filled me, she looked at me with her eyes widely opened.  She kept looking at me and paid no attention to the teacher or others.  I found this embarrassing.  I tried to mentally tell her to look at the teacher instead of me.  She did not seem to get my mental message.  A few of my friends could see aura, but they did not act differently when I felt energy all over me.  One day, she came right out to ask others if they saw light radiating from me or around me.  It turned out a couple of my friends (including the original owner of the holistic center) saw it too except they observed discreetly.  (The teacher of the Thursday circle became the new owner in the spring of 2007.)  Therefore, my assumption that no one knew when I was surged with energy was wrong.  Later, the woman told us she was a certified Reiki master.  She was funny.  We enjoyed her joyful presence.

After this happening, I still did not know what really took place when I was surged with energy.  I could have gotten some answers from my friends, but somehow I was not into asking questions.  It took a few more years before I finally asked the question.  One Sunday at the small church in another state, I felt a surge of energy.  A retired minister happened to come back for a visit from another state.  She told me she saw energies flowing out from me to heal different people.  (Re The Lesson of Importance )

When I arrived at another state in late August, 2007, I did not see myself as a healer.  

Some healing modalities required students to take different courses or many levels of training.  I just went to a 2-day healing workshop in March, 2007.  Thanks to the teacher and owner of the center, I got to experience working on some people and a cat.  (Re the healing sessions with the cat, please click to view the featured post or In memory of my friend's wonderful white cat )  With little experience and credential, I felt I was not qualified as a healerMost of all, I was self-conscious that how I went about during healing did not conform to the formality of a professional healer.

During this time of reflection, I learn a truth.  I shall continue to share my journey with you in my next post.

Love and blessings,
Q of D


No comments:

Post a Comment