Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Oh, I was holding a grudge . . . . .

Greetings!

Some weeks ago I was taking a walk on the sidewalk of the road.  

In a distance, I saw a man walking in my direction.  I recognized him.  I thought of walking quickly to turn into a side road because I did not want to greet him.  Right away, I caught my negative reaction.  Oh, I was holding a grudge against him!  I laughed (at my self), and told myself not to hold any grudges.  I continued to walk on the sidewalk at my normal pace.  As we met, we greeted and wish each other a blessed day.  

He was one of those that walked in the school fields.  I did not go for walks at a fixed time.  It could be any time in the morning or in the afternoon.  Therefore, we only came across each other once in a long while.  When we did, we exchanged pleasantries as most others did.  (I used the word 'most' because there were always a few with their eyes looking straight ahead.)

I loved nature.  I smiled as the light breeze touched my face.  I took pictures of insects, birds, trees, flowers, little animals, rainbows, sun, moon and etc.  One day (not this year) I saw a beautiful cicada on a tree.  It was in the process of shedding its old skin / shell.  I took out my camera to take some pictures.  This man happened to walk by.  When he saw the cicada, he said, "Oh, it is ugly!  It is gross!"  He walked away with a disgusted look on his face.  In retrospect, I must have formed a negative view of him because of this minor incident.

I fully understood we all had things we liked and things that we did not like.  I loved cats and dogs.  The friend that used to live in the neighborhood strongly disliked cats, but we were friends. ( Re A conversation between two grandmothers )  I normally accepted how other people were.  In where I lived, I rarely saw cicadas.  When I saw the cicada, I felt joy.  I must have reacted adversely when I heard the man's 'extreme' comments about the beautiful insect.  It was a good thing that I caught myself holding a grudge because I could then choose to let it go.  It was his negative emotion / judgment toward the cicada, and it had nothing to do with me.

As my spirit guide shared with me in  We don't necessary have to like or dislike someone 

It is alright to react with a certain mood such as happy, surprise or even upset.  Face it, this is what life is all about.  But then, we discern ourselves from the feeling, and observe it with tranquility.

Many changes are going on at this time on earth.  Take care.

Love & Blessings,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment