Thursday, August 27, 2026

Be Aware of Your Surroundings, and Trust Your Intuition

Greetings!   

It took me a long time to finish WHAT IS OUR FOCUS - part 2 .  Afterward, a few past experiences came to my mind.  A new school year would begin soon.  Many young people would soon go back to schools and universities.  Nowadays some people were so addicted to their phones that they looked at their phones while walking or even while crossing the road.  I decided to share these experiences.  

When I was with the Thursday Circle (last Thursday of May, 2005 to August, 2007), the teacher of the circle had said 'As light beings, we attract other light beings as well as those that are of darkness.  We should be alert wherever we are . . .While we should not live in fear, it was important for us to be observant of our surroundings.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

Please note that these experiences happened before the restaurant years and before I joined the Thursday Circle.  In other words, I had not yet learned about spirit guides and angels.

One winter morning, I was on my way to work.  After a few miles on the main roads, I had to continue driving on a 2-lane road.  There was a huge, abandoned old facility on the side of the road that I was driving.  Trees lined up the other side of the road.  It was a quiet morning.  My car and an old utility truck were the only cars on the road.  There was no incoming car from the other direction.  

I always kept a safe distance from the car ahead of me.  I was alarmed when I saw the men sitting at the back of the utility truck seemed to turn their heads to look at me.  Then a man on the left side stuck out his head and part of his body to look at me.  Immediately, I stepped on the brake.  The truck slowed down dramatically as if wanting me to drive past them since there was no incoming traffic.  I did not move forward.  The truck moved to park on the side of the road.  Two men came out of the truck, and signaled for me to drive past them.  I remained where I was.  They seemed to be surprised.      
Though my heart was pounding, I knew the importance of staying calm and quick thinking.  I thought the men could run out to stop my car if I drove forward to where they were; most people would not want to run over other people, and I certainly did not want that to happen.  I thought of making a U-turn, but they could do the same to follow me since we were the only two cars on the road.    
The two men went back into the truck.  They drove to the traffic light at regular speed.  They stopped at the traffic light.  The light was green, but they did not move forward or make a turn.  I saw two cars coming in the other direction.  The traffic light turned red.  The two incoming cars stopped before the light.  I saw two more cars coming in the other direction.  There was still no car behind me.  I drove forward, and stopped at a distance behind the truck.  I could see the men in the truck continued to watch me.  
I was going to make a right turn (that was my route to work).  I did not turn on the turn signal because I did not want them to know what I would do.  I knew they could not make a U-turn once they past the traffic light because there were cars in the incoming lane.

When the light turn green, the truck moved forward.  Once I saw the truck past the intersection, I sped up and turned right.  In the corner of my eyes, I saw the truck abruptly stopped on the road.  I drove as fast as I could.  There was no car in front of me.  I looked at the rear mirror to make sure the utility truck was not following me.  After a couple of miles, I finally took a deep breath.  

This incident took place years before cell phones became common.  I had not begun to write down what happened in my life.  I believed I used another route to go to work after this incident.  (I only started to write down some of the things that happened in my life after 'Night Vision - Pieces of a Dream' - an incredible phenomenon )

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

When our sons were small, we used to shop for groceries in the morning on the day that my husband did not have to go to work.  (He usually had Tuesdays off.)  In the afternoon, sometimes my husband drove us to a park in a city that was not near where we lived.  It was a big park.  There were many different areas with spaces for parking next to them.  We usually stayed in the playground for children for a couple of hours, and left for a nearby restaurant around 5 p.m.  

One afternoon we were in the park.  For quite a while, our family of four were the only people in that area.  Our sons were having fun getting on swings, slides, monkey bars, and etc.  Later, I saw an old, rusted van parked in the area next to where we were.  Two men came out of the van.  They looked unkempt, and were in their 40 s or 50 s.  One of them got a ball from the back of the van.  They stood about 15 feet apart, and began throwing the ball to one another.  The size of the ball was like a basketball, but it was not a basketball.  I found it weird that two grown men came to the park to play throw and catch.  I observed their attention was not on the ball.  They looked on and off to an area farther down the park where a teenage girl was alone sitting on a swing.  She sat there with her head down, and seemed to be deep in thought.  Before 5 p.m., my husband came to ask me if it was time to leave.  I said we would stay a bit longer.  When he came to ask me for the second time, I quietly told him what I saw.  My husband observed for a while, and agreed with me that the men might have bad intention.  A while later, our sons said that they were somewhat hungry.  I told them to play some more, and we would leave soon.  Luckily, a little bit before 6, the teenage girl stood up, left the park, and walked across the wide road  to go home.

In retrospect, if our family were not in the park that afternoon, the men might have parked their van close to the girl, and kidnapped her.  Seeing us there, they might have purposely chosen to stay in the area next to the children playground.  If something happened to distract us/the parents, one of our sons could be in danger.  If I walked all the way to warn the girl, she might leave the park right away; however, it would be obvious to the men that I had something to do with it.  We never knew what they would do or if they had guns in their van.  It was a good thing that I let things unfold as it had, and had not thought of those possible scenarios.        

                                           ~       ~       ~      ~       ~       ~

One night after closing up, my husband said we needed to go to a store to buy something for the restaurant.  

As we entered, I saw seven to eight people standing in the area between the entrance door and the door into the store.  It was not uncommon to find people standing there.  Some could be waiting for family that were shopping.  Others might be there waiting for someone to pick them up.  However, a group of three men immediately drew my attention because I saw them exchanged eye signals when they looked at us.  I did not say anything to my husband because it might mean nothing.  Some people were just not that used to seeing people that were different from them.  We bought what we came for.  We walked to the area that we came in.  My husband had parked the car over that area of the parking lot.  The three men were still there. I saw them exchanged eye signals again.  As we were about to walk out of the door, they began to walk behind us.  I raised my right hand and lightly knocked at my forehead.  I said (in English), "Oh, I forget to buy something!  We need to go back!"  Then I said the same in Chinese in a low voice to my husband.  Of course, my husband, believing that I had really forgotten to buy something, gave me his impatient look.  The men stepped back to where they had been standing.  We walked back inside the store.  I told my husband what I saw.  We hurriedly walked to the exit at the other end of the store.  It was a distance to get to where we parked our car.  Quietly, we got inside and drove home. 

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

As I was writing, I remembered some incidents that happened after we moved back to this state.  

I loved to take pictures of the sun and the night sky.  Sometimes I went out to the school fields at night to take pictures of the moon and the stars.  One late evening I decided to take a walk because I had stayed in the apartment almost the whole day.  I walked out of the apartment building, I saw a man stepped out of a car.  I did not think much of it.  I walked into the school field.  The man walked in too.  I turned to look at him.  He said, "Hi, you are taking a walk too."  I did not know him, but said 'Hi' in return.  He seemed to know that I was somewhat alarmed.  He started to walk forward across the field of grass, and not on the tracks that I normally did.  I began to walk on the track.  The thought 'it was indeed too dark/late to go for a walk' came.  I turned to walk home.  As I was about to walk out of the school field, I heard the man said, "Hey, you are leaving!  You used to walk longer than that!"  His words shocked me.  Soon the man came out and rushed to his car.  Before he did, he was surprised to see that I was staring at him by the apartment building.  He murmured something like 'it was too cold to walk', and hurriedly drove away.  He was a white man in his 30 s or 40 s.  I took note of his car.  I did not see his car again.    

On another night, I suddenly heard the sound of a bike rushing at high speed toward me from a distance.  I ran as fast as I could out of the school field.  The second I got to the parking lot, I looked back at the entrance of the school field.  A black man in his 20 s wearing a dark colored hoodie was on a bike staring at me.  Then he went away.

After these two incidents I did not go to the school field at night anymore.  If I really wanted to, I asked my son to go with me.  It was not about fear.  Yes, I knew my angels and guides were with me.  However, we were (are) responsible for our own well-being, and it was not worth it to put ourselves in harm's way.

One night a few years ago, I came home around ten after going to a gathering.  I saw a man came out of another apartment building to throw away trash.  When I got out of my car, he came to talk to me.  He introduced himself, and kept talking for quite a while.  I listened.  I knew it was not a chance meeting but a planned one.  When I was home, I told my son about it.  I also told him that I felt there was something wrong with this person.  My son said I was judgmental.  I said, "That was how I felt.  Gut instinct was not a judgment."  Later, my intuition about this person proved to be right.  I would not get into the details.  The situation was not serious.  I handled it calmly and firmly.   My son said, 'Mom, you were right!'  I said, "We all have these instincts or gut feelings from time to time, but we often choose to ignore them.  Trusting our intuition helps us to stay away from bad situations or bad people."  

It was indeed important to trust our intuition.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

During the restaurant years, a car hit our car hard from behind.  (Re What do we do when we have dreams of fear )  The insurance company said it would take a lot of money to fix the car; they said it was an old car, they would only pay us the market value of the car.  With limited money, the auto shop fixed what were necessary so that we could still drive around; no body work was done to fix the back of the car.   One day, while filling air for the tires at the side of a gas station, a van came to park next to us.  Three men came out.  They approached us saying they would fix our car for free if we followed them to their garage in XXXXXXX, a city in another county.  One look at them, even my husband could feel they were not good people.  We declined to go with them, and they drove away.  We were not in fear because the gas station was part of the commercial complex of a big store we went to regularly.  There was traffic in and out of the gas station.  Later we went to the store.  We made sure the van was nowhere in sight as we parked our car.

Those men said they would fix our car for free.  They could have approached other people before, and he/she might have followed them to their garage.  Sometimes people went missing without a trace.  It was important for parents to teach their children that 'If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is', and 'do not get into a stranger's car'.  Many parents might have told their children to stay away from drugs.  However, I had heard that some students began to use drugs when they were in middle school.  Some wanted to blend in because their friends used drugs.  Some might go to a party, and saw their friends using drugs.  It might help to let the children know that they should call home anytime they felt uncomfortable in a friend's house or in a party, and the parents/mom/dad would pick him/her up.  Sometimes they might not be able to talk freely.  It might help to have the mutual understanding as what to say to indicate that they wanted to go home.  For example, during a conversation, the youngster could say 'Oh, tell Aunt Patty I wish her a happy birthday' while the family did not have an Aunt named Patty.  It was important that the parents always knew / demanded to know where their children were and who they were with.

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~

I share with you these experiences to show the importance of living in the now, be aware of our surroundings, and trust our intuition.  However, I do not mean for us to live in fear.  I am grateful for my life on Earth.  I have met many wonderful people as mentioned in I meet kind people all the time and Growing old in Grace .  And I will always remember the strangers in The Good Samaritans .

Fall is here.  Enjoy the colors of nature!

Many Blessings, 
Q of D
                                         
    

No comments:

Post a Comment