Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kurt Kaiser's "Pass It On"

Greetings!

This morning (Oct. 9, 2013) I wake up hearing the first stanza of the song "Pass It On" over and over again in the air.

It only takes a spark to get a fire going
And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing
That's how it is with God's love
Once you've experienced it
You spread God's love to everyone
You want to pass it on

Here is a link to the music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCjR4dlY33k

As I mentioned before, I only started going to a non denominational church regularly in the last quarter of 2007 after I moved to another state.  The first time I heard the song was June or July of 2011.  I was so touched by the song that I went online searching for the lyrics.  It was written by Kurt Kaiser.  I learned it was a popular song at church, and people sang it a lot when they sat around a campfire.

The song deeply moved me because it resonated with the truth that 'once we've experienced God's love, we want to pass it on'.  Listening to the song reminded me of the two miraculous healing experiences which happened in 2001 and 2007.

With no health insurance and little money, I woke up during the night finding the right side of my body in excruciating pain.  Compounded to the pain was an unbearable headache that developed a day later.  I could not lie down or sleep because any movement of the right side of my body would cause intolerable pain.  For four days and nights I sat up in bed.  The only thing that carried me through was faith because I heard "May 6" when I prayed for help on the first day of the ordeal.  May 6 turned out to be the last day of the suffering, and I was healed about two and a half hours after midnight.  (Please view my post The Grace of God) .

For days and weeks afterward, I was filled with gratitude and love.  I smiled from the bottom of my heart, and looked at everyone with love.  Yes, I wanted to pass it on.

The second healing experience was The Hot Coffee Incident which occurred in June of 2007.  After the healing, I laid in bed repeating my vow of committing to God's Will which I had made years ago.

The music of Kurt Kaiser's song is beautiful, and so are the words.  He also touches on a Truth that each one of us is a spark of God.  We are sparks of the One Spirit, One Light, One Love.  May we hold a vision of who we truly are, and together may we be the fire that transmits warmth and love wherever we are.

Kurt Kaiser, thanks for "Pass It On".

Love,
Q of D


No comments:

Post a Comment