Thursday, June 29, 2017

Music in the Air

Greetings!

I did not recall any dream for some days.  Before I went to sleep last night, I prayed for help to remember my dreams if they were of significance.  

I knew I had a long dream this morning.  However, music in the air woke me up from my dream.  It was early in the morning.  It was not music in the apartment or in the neighborhood.  It was something I perceived.  With the music going on and on, I could not recall any part of my dream. 

I was not good in remembering names and faces.  It was the same with music.  I seldom pay attention to the titles of songs except if I really liked them.  Normally, I only remembered a couple of lines or a small portion of the lyrics of the songs that I knew.  Sometimes I woke up hearing music I had not heard before.  I dropped down some musical notes on paper, but could not hum the music in tune afterward.  As with songs that I felt kind of familiar, I had a hard time of figuring out the title of the song. That was what happened this morning.  I hummed the music over and over again.  I finally got it that the song had the words "the newborn king".

So I signed into YouTube.  The song was "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing".  I read the lyrics, and listened to different singers (or groups) sang the song.  Their voices might be beautiful, yet I felt something was missing.  Then I clicked a flash mob video of "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing".  Seeing the joyful smiles on some people's faces as well as watching those that came together to sing the song in goodwill and free spirit, I smiled joyfully too.  (May 18, 2022 just found out it was not available on YouTube anymore)

I had watched some flash mob videos before, but I had not watched this one.  Many of these videos were joyful to watch.  Why did I hear "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" this morning?  I did not know.  Anyway, as I watched the flash mob video of this song, somehow I did not have the feeling that something was missing.  It might be in the free spirit of giving and receiving, or of sharing joy, joy was fully expressed.

Many blessings,
Q of D

P.S.  "Pass It On" and You Are My Sunshine are posts on music in the air too.


No comments:

Post a Comment