Wednesday, December 6, 2017

She missed her cat that died four months ago

Greetings!

Standing in line to pay for the grocery, I suddenly felt a surge of energy.  The energy in me and around me was very strong.

Then someone behind me lightly pulled my jacket.  I turned.

An elderly woman that was in line (yet not right behind me) said, "I see you have bought a bag of cat food.  You must have a cat."

I smiled and said, "Yes, I do!"

The woman's eyes turned red, and tears began to form in her eyes.  She said, "My cat passed away four months ago.  I still miss her very much every day."

I said, "I am sorry."  I told her that two cats in my son's family had passed away due to old age some months ago; fortunately, they had adopted another cat, and the cat turned out to be very gentle and friendly.

The woman said, "The pain is still raw.  I don't know if I ever want another cat."

I looked at her.  I said, "I understand."

I thought of what to say.  I said, "Our cat loved my husband the most.  He listens to my husband, and stays by his side.  When our son comes home from work, the cat turns his attention to our son.  I am third on the cat list.  But, I love our cat!"

The woman's eyes lit up.  She said, "Yes!  Each cat has his own character and favorite."  She went on to tell me more about her cat.

I paid for my grocery.  Before I left, I walked to the woman and lightly patted her arm.  I wished her a happy Thanksgiving.  She let out a bright smile and wished me the same.

As I walked out of the store, my energy returned to normal.

In the beginning years **, this sudden surge of energy bothered me.  I could not help but wondered what went on.  (** i.e. When I followed the guidance to step outside of my family and go among people)  I also wondered why people cried when I looked at them or when we were having a simple conversation.  Somehow, the human I was not into asking questions.  In retrospect, I believed it was meant to be on most occasions.  (Re other posts on healing such as I saw no purpose of being there ) 

The above incident happened before Thanksgiving Day.  However, I could not finish the post (or until I finished relating my inner struggle about the feeling of separateness).

Have a wonderful December!

Many blessings,
Q of D



No comments:

Post a Comment