Thursday, September 29, 2016

Day 2 of the spiritual retreat

Greetings!

On Day 1, the spiritual teacher said to me, "When you accept who you are, you will be much more and can help many people."  His words caused a reaction within me.

At night, I recalled two separate incidents* during which others had related similar messages to me.  I realized following the guidance did not equate to accepting who I am.  I also realized it was my wrong view or attitude that was blocking me from accepting who I am.  In the morning, I woke up with a positive affirmation and more insight.  

                                            ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~     

In the evening, I went to Day 2 of the spiritual retreat.

After I greeted the teacher, I went down to the basement.  I bowed in front of the pictures of the masters before I sat on the same chair.

People sitting in the front rows of beige chairs were pretty much the same.  New people were guided to sit on chairs that were unoccupied the day before.  When the teacher came, we stood up until he sat down.  I still could not see the teacher from where I sat.  However, something had changed!  It might be a few people sitting in the front had changed their sitting postures.  It could also  be one or two people had slightly moved their chairs. The change created a space that I could look directly at the pictures of the masters!  Incredibly, I felt a strong vibrational connection as I looked at the pictures.  Powerful energy kept flowing into me throughout the discourse.

Near the end of the gathering, Matthew announced we would meet at 8:30 pm instead of 8:00 pm for the rest of the week.  I thought, "Oh, no!  There will not be much  sunlight when I drive here."

It was pretty late when the discourse was over.  I rushed to leave.  I got into the car and plugged in the GPS.  Soon, I saw a car close behind me.  It added to my anxiety because I could not drive as slow as I needed to.  At one point, I thought there was still a little distance before I had to make a turn.  My judgment was off, and my car hit a curb.  There was no damage to the car or the curb because I was driving at a slow speed.  However, I was somewhat shaken up.  Most of all, I was upset with myself.

At home, I told my husband about it.  I told him I could not see the roads clearly inside the residential area, and the starting time had changed to 8:30 pm.  I said it might be I should not go to the retreat anymore.  My husband said, "So don't go."

When my son learned about it, he said, "Mom, there is not much difference between driving on the main roads and the roads inside residential areas.  You just have to focus on the short distance ahead of you."  I said, "You and your father are taller than me.  When I sat inside the car, I cannot even see the hood."  He said, "Why don't you raise the car seat so that you can see better."  I said, "I just cannot see as well as during the day."  He asked, "Why?"  I said, "Don't you know that people's receptivity to light diminishes as they get old?"  My son did not want to hear anything about aging. As usual, he went on to talk about exceptions that some people had defied aging. Not in the mood to carry on the conversation, I said, "I have made up my mind.  I will not go to the retreat tomorrow."  My son said, "If you don't want to go, don't go.  It is your choice."

My son did not understand my anxiety of driving at night.  The truth was I seldom went out by myself at night.  I had been too dependent on my family to do the driving in the last twelve years.

At night, I thought about the vibrational connection when I looked at the pictures of the masters.  I also thought about how amazing the divine plan had been.  (Re The Amazing Divine Plan Continues and The Unveiling of A Divine Plan )   Still, I went to bed thinking I would not go to the spiritual discourse the following day.  I told myself it was alright to skip a day or two.

I shall continue with my story in my next post.

Peace,
Q of D

No comments:

Post a Comment